->'''Emmy:''' I'm going to make you a better man.\\
'''Steve:''' Not if I make you a worse woman first.
A show by the creator of ''Series/ArrestedDevelopment''.
Steve Wilde is the filthy rich son of an oil magnate. He's giving himself an award for being the "Humanitarium of the Fiscal Year" and invites Emmy Kadubic, his crush when he was younger.
Emmy and her daughter Puddle live in the Amazon rainforest and are trying to preserve tribal land from being destroyed by [=WildeOil=]. Deciding that maybe Steve can help with this, she goes to Steve's party. Seeing that Steve hasn't changed, however, she decides to take off back to the rainforest.
Puddle, however, has other plans. She hates the rainforest and wishes to stay and [[IJustWantToBeNormal be normal]]. With the help of Steve and Steve's equally rich neighbor Fa'ad, she finally gets her mother to stay, with Emmy convinced that she can change Steve's selfish ways.
Canceled after one season.
!Tropes used in ''RunningWilde'':
* ActorAllusion: Another reference is made to Arrested Development when Andy says he's freezing off his "blue man group".
* AmbiguouslyGay: Fa'ad, when he is helping Steve play hide and seek (or five hundred dollars if you can find me) with Puddle by hiding in the trunk of his car and discussing Emmy.
-->'''Fa'ad:''' "Oh, Steve! You have a better chance at romance with me in the back of this Escalade than you do of getting that woman to go on a trip with you."
-->'''Steve:''' "There's just so much baggage."
-->'''Fa'ad:''' "We could move it."
* CannotTellALie: Subverted. Steve and Fa'ad can tell lies, they are just really, ''really'' bad at them. (Being rich means you don't have to lie apparently.)
* CloudCuckooLander: Everybody except for Puddle.
* ChannelHop: The last four episodes of the series are being dumped on FX.
* CuteMute: Puddle, until she starts talking. She's still cute though.
* DontExplainTheJoke: Puddle really needs to learn this for her narration.
* EpunymousTitle: There must have been a two-for-one sale, because the show comes on right after ''RaisingHope''.
* GranolaGirl: Emmy.
* IJustWantToBeNormal: Puddle.
* LonelyRichKid: It is heavily implied that Steve grew up as one, and this series can be interpreted as what happens if the rich kid stayed lonely through adulthood.
* [[OnlySaneMan Only Sane Girl]]: Puddle is the only one who sees how much the rainforest sucks, how nice Steve can be, and how much of an idiot Andy is.
* ParentalNeglect: Emmy seems rather unconcerned that Puddle hasn't spoken for SIX months (She stopped speaking as she kept saying she wanted to leave the rainforest but was totally ignored)
* RoyalBrat: Steve Wilde. Young Emmy convinces him that he should tell his father that either Emmy's mother stays or they (including Steve) leave.
-->'''Emmy:''' "And that's the last time I saw him."
-->'''Steve:''' "And that's when my got my first speed boat!"
* ShoutOut: When Steve and his dad(played by [[Series/ArrestedDevelopment George Sr.]]) hug, the Arrested Development commercial break music plays.
* StepfordSmiler: Steve does this to make Andy look like a jerk. Andy does this to Steve to secretly kidnap him. They both do it at the same time.
* UpperClassTwit: Steve Wilde.