%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''Puppets Who Kill'' was a Canadian-produced BlackComedy series that centered on the lives of four puppets who had been sent to a halfway house run by the cynic Dan Barlow as a last ditch effort to rehabilitate them as every other effort had failed.
The puppets themselves were:
* Rocko the Dog, who after suppressing his very child-unfriendly personality snapped on set;
* Cuddles, a comfort doll whose consistent curbing of his own desires ended up with him shooting people with a rifle from a roof;
* Buttons the Bear, a sex maniac who had a good life until his private deeds were released to the public and he was fired.
* [[DemonicDummy Bill the Dummy]], a psychopath who had 56 partners die in tragic "accidents" with a constant [[SlasherSmile smile]] and a taste for [[ImAHumanitarian meat]].
The show tended to balance itself on the edge of a knife, often crossing the line [[CrossesTheLineTwice more than twice]] and happily embracing the darkly humorous tone inherent in a show about living puppets who regularly break the law.
!!This series provides examples of:
%%* AxCrazy: Bill, Rocko sometimes.
%%* BerserkButton: Do not call Cuddles a rooster. Just don't.
* BlackAndGrayMorality: Almost everyone is a jerk in some way, and often deserve the horrible things that happen to them.
* BrainInAJar: [=CBC=] has a whole room filled with them.
%%* BrainwashedandCrazy: Cuddles on more than one time.
%%* ButtMonkey: Cuddles and Dan share the title.
%%* TheCasanova: Buttons.
%%* TheChessmaster: Dan
%%* DeadpanSnarker: Dan, Rocko and Bill.
%%* DemonicDummy: All the main characters except Dan.
* EmbarrassingNickname: "Poopy pants". [[spoiler: Bill]]
* EscalatingWar: It ended with an exploding toilet.
%%* FauxAffablyEvil: Bill and Rocko.
* GirlOnGirlIsHot: Buttons' reaction to being saved moments from a PsychoLesbian and her girlfriend moments before his death is one of disappointment, because it meant he would miss the lesbian make-up sex.
* ILoveTheDead: The plot of the final episode is [[spoiler: Buttons' ghost]] stealing Dan's girlfriend by being a better lay.
* ImAHumanitarian: Just one of Bill's many [[SarcasmMode wonderful]] traits.
%%* KavorkaMan: Dan.
* KitschCollection: Bill collects testicles.
%%* LargeHam: Most of the minor characters and Buttons.
%%* LaughablyEvil: Buttons.
* MrViceGuy: Dan means well, but is mainly interested in the halfway house's funding and his own job, even willing to [[SelectiveObliviousness look the other way]] when the puppets commit crimes.
* PsychoLesbian: Buttons is nearly killed by one for having sex with her girlfriend, who only slept with him in the first place because [[AllGirlsWantBadBoys seeing her act psychotically jealous turned her on]].
%%* SerialKiller: Bill.
%%* SlasherSmile: Bill's default expression.
* SociopathicHero: Bill, in spades. He's the smartest among the cast, and is often the one who saves them from their problems. Too bad his solutions usually involve cannibalism and violence.
* ThreatBackfire: One episode had Bill being ransomed by some mafia types, who threaten to send him back [[FingerInTheMail piece by piece]]; when the others refuse to cooperate, they do just that, cutting Bill up and sending the bits back to the halfway house. After all the pieces are returned, the thugs' threat proves worthless as Bill is a puppet, and all they have to do is stitch him back together again.
%%* WideEyedIdealist: Cuddles.