%% ZeroContextExample entries are not allowed on wiki pages. All such entries have been commented out. Add context to the entries before uncommenting them.
''Puppets Who Kill'' was a Canadian-produced BlackComedy series that centered on the lives of four puppets who had been sent to a halfway house run by the cynic Dan Barlow as a last ditch effort to rehabilitate them as every other effort had failed.
The puppets themselves were:
* Rocko the Dog, who after suppressing his very child-unfriendly personality snapped on set;
* Cuddles, a comfort doll whose consistent curbing of his own desires ended up with him shooting people with a rifle from a roof;
* Buttons the Bear, a sex maniac who had a good life until his private deeds were released to the public and he was fired.
* [[DemonicDummy Bill the Dummy]], a psychopath with a constant [[SlasherSmile smile]] and a taste for [[ImAHumanitarian meat]] who had 56 partners die in tragic "accidents".
The show tended to balance itself on the edge of a knife, often crossing the line [[CrossesTheLineTwice more than twice]] and happily embracing the darkly humorous tone inherent in a show about living puppets who regularly break the law.
!!This series provides examples of:
%%* AxCrazy: Bill, Rocko sometimes.
%%* BerserkButton: Do not call Cuddles a rooster. Just don't.
* BlackAndGrayMorality: Almost everyone is a jerk in some way, and often deserve the horrible things that happen to them.
* BrainInAJar: [=CBC=] has a whole room filled with them.
%%* BrainwashedandCrazy: Cuddles on more than one time.
%%* ButtMonkey: Cuddles and Dan share the title.
%%* TheCasanova: Buttons.
%%* TheChessmaster: Dan
* CreepySouvenir: Bill collects testicles.
%%* DeadpanSnarker: Dan, Rocko and Bill.
* DepravedKidsShowHost: Rocko is this mixed with NiceCharacterMeanActor.
* EmbarrassingNickname: "Poopy pants". [[spoiler: Bill]]
* EscalatingWar: It ended with an exploding toilet.
%%* FauxAffablyEvil: Bill and Rocko.
* GirlOnGirlIsHot: Buttons' reaction to being saved moments from a PsychoLesbian and her girlfriend moments before his death is one of disappointment, because it meant he would miss the lesbian make-up sex.
* ILoveTheDead: The plot of the final episode is [[spoiler: Buttons' ghost]] stealing Dan's girlfriend by being a better lay.
* ImAHumanitarian: Just one of Bill's many traits.
%%* KavorkaMan: Dan.
%%* LargeHam: Most of the minor characters and Buttons.
%%* LaughablyEvil: Buttons.
* MrViceGuy: Dan means well, but is mainly interested in the halfway house's funding and his own job, even willing to [[SelectiveObliviousness look the other way]] when the puppets commit crimes.
* PsychoLesbian: Buttons is nearly killed by one for having sex with her girlfriend, who only slept with him in the first place because [[AllGirlsWantBadBoys seeing her act psychotically jealous turned her on]].
%%* SerialKiller: Bill.
%%* SlasherSmile: Bill's default expression.
* SociopathicHero: Bill, in spades. He's the smartest among the cast, and is often the one who saves them from their problems. Too bad his solutions usually involve cannibalism and violence.
* ThreatBackfire: One episode had Bill being ransomed by some mafia types, who threaten to send him back [[FingerInTheMail piece by piece]]; when the others refuse to cooperate, they do just that, cutting Bill up and sending the bits back to the halfway house. It never occurred to them that Bill is a puppet, and all the others have to do is stitch him back together again.
%%* WideEyedIdealist: Cuddles.