''Lasko – Die Faust Gottes'' (''Lasko – The Fist of God'') is a German TV show produced by Action Concept and [[GermanTVStations RTL]], the companies behind ''Series/AlarmFuerCobra11'', and is based on the movie ''Lasko - Im Auftrag des Vatikans'' (released as ''Death Train'' in the USA), which serves as a prologue to the series.
It is about a German monk named Lasko, who used to be a soldier in the Kosovo force but decided to become a monk after a [[HeroicBSOD traumatizing event]]. In the order of Pugnus Dei, he is trained in martial arts and uses these to fight against evil organisations and terrorists.
!!''Lasko – Die Faust Gottes'' provides examples of:
* AllMonksKnowKungFu: The premise of the series.
* BareFistedMonk: The order of Pugnus Dei contains several of these.
* ChurchMilitant: The secret society Ares play with the trope, for they are not the church themselves, but "merely" wish to strengthen the Vatican.
* DirtyOldMonk: Brother Gladius.
* GirlOfTheWeek: Subverted since there are one-episode-only female characters with attraction to the main character, but Lasko is a CelibateHero.
* HeroicBSOD: Lasko has one of these in the Kosovo war and decided to become a monk afterward.
* NebulousEvilOrganisation: Secret society Ares take this role.
* NoMacGuffinNoWinner: "The 5th Gospel", where the eponymous book ends up being burned (along with the villain).
* PoisonedWeapons: Taken to extremes when an evil pharmacetutical company plans on poisoning a whole city with a train coated with contact poison.
* PoliceAreUseless: While our main heroes are aided by policewomen (mainly from the ''Bundeskriminalamt''), they are not too useful very often.
* RatedMForManly: Hello? A monk kicking arse all over the place, what more could you want?
* ReligiousBruiser: Lasko obviously, but (with maybe the exception of Brother Gladius) the whole order Pugnus Dei.
* ShirtlessScene: If it [[LetsGetDangerous gets serious]], you get one of these: a muscle-bound, bare-chested monk fighting another man.
-->'''Scientist:''' Only over my dead body.\\
'''Villain:''' If you wish...
* TitleDrop: "Pugnus Dei" is Latin for "The Fist of God".
* TraintopBattle: Well, it's actually inside the train...
* WarriorMonk: Obviously.