--> ''Don't say it didn't. It did.''
''How TV Ruined Your Life'' (January 2011–March 2011) is a series from Creator/CharlieBrooker and a fine example of HypocriticalHumour. In this TV series, Brooker illustrates the various ways that the hateful lie-box has ruined your life, by giving you a flawed image of reality. The show itself takes the form of a combination of clips from shows with commentary, strange skits, and parodies. Each episode focuses on a particular way that TV has ruined your life, such as by filling you with fear, or giving you false and impossible aspirations.
Unrelated to TVTropesWillRuinYourLife.
!!Provides Examples Of:
* ApocalypseHow: In a parody of doomsday shows, the world ends by pens getting inexplicably hot.
* TheBeautifulElite: They make you feel ugly and set your standards too high.
* CoolAndUnusualPunishment: Televised humiliation.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: In the "Fear" episode, Brooker becomes paranoid after watching too much TV and kills an intruder who turns out to be his kindly old neighbour.
* ShoutOut: The episode on technology features a sketch in which a supercomputer AI judges a talent competition: the computer is, of course, Zog 900.
* SmallAnnoyingCreature: JR from the spoof cartoon show ''Wo-Gan''.
* StealthParody: Sometimes the lines between real TV shows and the parodies made for the program are so blurred that the only hint of something being fake is when "[=ShitPeas=] Productions" is subtly listed as the producer.
** The technology episode had a segment where people were asked their opinions on a phone that let you make calls through time. [[http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/dec/01/charlie-brooker-dark-side-gadget-addiction-black-mirror These reactions were real.]]