''Flash Gordon'' was a 1954 live-action TV series loosely based on the [[ComicStrip/FlashGordon comic strip of the same name]].
It featured Steve Holland, Irene Champlin, and Joseph Nash as Flash Gordon, Dale Arden, and Dr Zarkov, agents of the Galactic Bureau of Investigation in the 33rd century, travelling among the planets of the galaxy fighting crime and thwarting invasions. (The planet Mongo and its merciless emperor, mainstays of most versions of ''Flash Gordon'', were nowhere to be seen.)
The series was an InternationalCoproduction, filmed on the cheap in West Berlin and later in Marseilles, which is why when the inevitable "our future heroes visit the present day" episode rolls around it's present-day Berlin they land in and not one of the great cities of America.
Not to be confused with the [[Film/FlashGordonSerial film serials of the 1930s]], which were also shown on American television in the 1950s (under the title ''Space Soldiers'', as this series had dibs on the title ''Flash Gordon'').
!!This series provides examples of:
* AliensSpeakingEnglish: Ironically, many of them were examples of FauxFluency, being played by actors who ''didn't'' speak English.
* CardCarryingVillain: Akim the Terrible
* FauxFluency: Many of the supporting cast spoke no English, and had to be fed their lines at the beginning of the take.
** In one episode the main characters had to travel back to the present day to disarm a bomb set to go off in their time...''1000 friggin' years later''.
** An especially bad example occurred in an episode where, after superluminal travel sent the protagonist back in time, he was still able to communicate with the base ''by radio''.
* ShirtlessScene: Steve Holland always had a mandatory scene per episode where he'd enter the cabin of his rocketship while still changing his shirt, revealing a well-muscled chest.
* TimeTravel: In multiple episodes.