[[caption-width-right:350:Run, Cándido, run!!]]
''Doctor Cándido Pérez'' was an Argentinian comedy movie from 1962 about a male doctor specializing on female patients, whose wife keeps fearing her husband is [[YourCheatingHeart fooling around with his patients]] (when in fact, he was very much in love only with her.) Of course, inevitably situations that caused her to doubt him would happen, and [[HilarityEnsues humorous trouble followed]]. It was adapted into a popular Mexican TV series which ran from 1987 to 1995.
A subplot involved Cándido trying to reconnect with his son, whose marriage the Doctor did not approve of.
''Cándido Pérez'' (played by Jorge Ortiz de Pinedo) was a [[TheCasanova Ladies' Man]] once, but had since married (and had two children with his first wife) but then divorced and married his current wife, and remained faithful to her despite many temptations. He had a habit of [[HamAndCheese exaggerating his reactions]] whenever he found himself in a compromising situation.
''Silvina Pérez'' (played by Nuria Bages) was his new wife, a loving and understanding woman who couldn't help going crazy with jealously on occasion, mostly thanks to her mother Catalina's poor advice.
''Catalina'' (Alejandra Meyer): Silvina's mother and Cándido's mother-in-law. A bitter old woman (apparently because of her own husband's infidelity) she's convinced men can never be trusted and never misses a chance to make Silvina doubt Cándido.
''Paula'' (Lupe Vázquez): Cándido's assistant nurse, as well as a [[GossipyHens gossip]] who tells his wife about anything suspicious the Doctor might be involved in (and thus often started the problems.)
''Claudia'' (María Luisa Alcalá): The Pérez's maid, a [[TheDitz clueless]] (but kind) small-town woman who often caused trouble unintentionally. possibly the most beloved character in the show, as she represented the uneducated (but honest) poor people of Mexico.
''Inocencio'': Cándido's son. As pig-headed as his father, which is why they were always at odds.
The show was taped in front of a live audience (that was sometimes visible.)
!Tropes in ''Dr. Cándido Pérez'':
* AllMenArePerverts: what many women in the show believe.
* AnimatedCreditsOpening: showing Cándido running away from all the women in his life.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Claudia
* HenpeckedHusband: For all his bravado, Cándido fears his wife's wrath.
* InstrumentalThemeTune:The TV show's theme was done in the style of ragtime characteristic of comedies from the silent era.
* JerkWithAHeartOfGold: Cándido.
* NonIndicativeName: "Cándido" means "innocent and honest" which Dr. Pérez is not.
* OnceAnEpisode: Cándido is accused of lying to his wife.