%% Image selected per Image Pickin' thread: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=1334531460033840100
%% Please do not replace or remove without starting a new thread.
->"Is such a thing even possible? ''[[AllMythsAreTrue Yes it is]]!"''
--> -- '''Giorgio A. Tsoukalos'''
To go along with Creator/TheHistoryChannel's NetworkDecay, ''Ancient Aliens'' deals with conspiracy theories about AncientAstronauts and presents them as reasonable.
The show is known for having frequent appearances by [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_A._Tsoukalos Giorgio A. Tsoukalos]], consulting producer and ancient astronaut researcher. More specifically, it's known for the involvement of [[AnimeHair Giorgio A. Tsoukalos' hair.]]
!!This show provides examples of:
* AllMythsAreTrue: Albeit aliens were involved with all of them.
* AncientAstronauts: Prescribes to this, using scripture and myths.
* BlatantLies: The ''entire'' show. All the lies and deception are picked apart by ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ Ancient Aliens Debunked]]''. Notable is presenting 19th and 20th century New Age texts as ancient texts, deliberate mistranslations, deliberate presenting false dates, not citing actual sources, quote mining, and presenting hoaxes as true (such as the infamous Crystal Skulls). All and all, the show is one big ''lie'' that is getting far, far too much attention and all the 'experts' should be sued for misinformation and thrown out of the academic community, if they were even in it to begin with.
** Surely anyone with ideas that were somewhat ahead of their time was abducted by aliens at some point.
** With LeonardoDaVinci, they think that he was either kidnapped by aliens, or even was actually a TIME TRAVELER.
* TheBermudaTriangle: This along with Japan's "Dragon's Triangle" are theorized to be portals which UFO's travel through to get to Earth.
* DanBrowned: A staple of this show.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: The series is actually a SpinOff from a one-off documentary that presented a much less biased examination of the Ancient Astronaut theory; both proponents and detractors were interviewed. Myths were not presented as evidence. Artistic licence and symbolism were acknowledged. Ironically, by presenting it as a two-sided argument with evidence against it as well as for it, it makes the whole thing seem more reasonable.
* ForTheEvulz: Aliens apparently cause volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. Why they're doing it and what they would have to gain from doing it isn't known or dwelled upon in the show.
* TheGreatFlood: The show takes the Noah's ark story as the literal truth. But aliens did it.
* TheGrimReaper: According to the show the black death was caused by Grim Reaper aliens with plague [[SinisterScythe scythes]]. Seriously.
* GroupieBrigade: According to pics, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is quite the KavorkaMan. It's gotta be the [[EinsteinHair hair]].
* InsaneTrollLogic: As picked apart in [[http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2012/05/the-idiocy-fabrications-and-lies-of-ancient-aliens/ this spectacular takedown of the show]], written by [[SomewhereAPaleontologistIsCrying a scientist]] who understands the topic of the week inside and out.
* LogicalFallacies: The main one showing up all the time is the ConverseError Affirming the Consequent.
-->1. If aliens really existed and visited Earth, they could theoretically have shown humans how to build pyramids.
-->2. Humans built pyramids.
-->3. Therefore aliens!
* OncePerEpisode: At some point during any given installment, the phrase "as ancient astronauts theorists believe/contend/[[DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment theorize]]" will be uttered at least once. This functions more or less as a disclaimer or possibly a [[CatchPhrase Catch Phrase]].
* PhlebotinumKilledTheDinosaurs: Yup, the aliens apparently offed them too. Oh, and they made them in the first place as well.
** SciFiWritersHave/NoSenseOfDistance: Aliens come from stars tens to hundreds of light years away to mine gold (a relatively common metal in asteroids) on Earth.
* SpeculativeDocumentary: Basically, everything important happened because of aliens.
* StupidJetpackHitler: They do this in a few episodes.