''A Haunting'' is a ghost-related DocuDrama series airing on the [[DiscoveryChannel Discovery Channel]] from October 2005 to November 2007 and resuming October 2012 on Destination America. Each episode features a story that [[VeryLooselyBasedOnATrueStory may]] [[BasedOnATrueStory or]] [[BlatantLies may not]] be grounded in reality. The story is reenacted by actors on camera and interviews with the eyewitnesses are featured in the hour-long program. The locations and intensity of any given haunting varies from episode to episode. Sometimes features [[SpookySeance Spooky Seances]] and [[SpiritAdvisor Spirit Advisers.]]
!!The show ''A Haunting'' shows examples of the following tropes:
* AbandonedLaboratory: Featured in several episodes.
* BigFancyHouse: Usually at low, low prices.
* ChristianityIsCatholic: Averted. Catholic priests do appear to perform exorcisms, but other types of ministers also help combat the hauntings.
** We've also seen clergy members from numerous other belief systems. In one rare instance, the victim in question called in a pair of ''Wiccan'' priests to perform a cleansing. [[spoiler: Unfortunately, it only made things worse.]]
* CrossOver: One of the episodes, "Gateway to Hell," features the location of Bobby Mackey's Music World. This location has been shown in multiple other paranormal investigative features, including ''GhostAdventures''.
** The Johnson family in the episode "Echoes of the Past" were also featured in the ''GhostHunters'' episode "Shadow People".
* CruelAndUnusualDeath: Often used as back story.
* CuteGhostGirl: Or young at least.
* ElectromagneticGhosts: In most of the episodes, ghosts mess with amplifiers, televisions, radios, drills, cars, and [[ArsonMurderandJaywalking toys.]]
* [[HollywoodExorcism Exorcism]]
* ExtremelyDustyHome: Or dirty house, whichever.
* GhostlyChill: Occasionally.
* GhostStory: The premise of the show.
* HauntedHeroine: Or Hero
* HauntedHouse: Well, [[CaptainObvious yeah]].
** About half the episodes are set in houses, including both of the pilot episodes. The rest are set in a variety of locations, including cemeteries, bars, and even a haunted apartment. On rare occasions, it's the people ''themselves'' who are haunted.
* HauntedHouseHistorian: They pop up in a lot of the episodes.
* IndianBurialGround: The cause of a number of hauntings from the show.
* ISeeDeadPeople: Four or five of the episodes feature children who are shown conversing with the [[MonsterOfTheWeek Ghost of the Week]].
** Several episodes also deal with people coming to accept their ability to see dead people.
* JumpScare: Comes with the nature of the show.
* SpookyPhotographs: Used to tell what is present in the house.
* StringyHairedGhostGirl: Several have been shown, usually demonic.