'''Chris''' is a web series of scripts that are posted on [[http://rulkout1993.deviantart.com/gallery/#Chris Website/DeviantArt under rulkout1993's account.]]> The main plot of the series is about a teenaged boy and his family living their lives after moving in a new town during the mid-[[TheEighties 1980's]]. A thirteen episode-planned first season set in 1985 is currently running (nine episodes are made already), but four more seasons are planned. The show is a both a spoof of the decade it's set in, and a funny and dramatic ComingOfAgeStory. Generally, it's every Creator/JohnHughes movie ever made meets That70sShow. It's also planned to be a comic one day.
Not to be confused with EverybodyHatesChris.
* Chris Jones (Christopher Michael Jones Jr.): He's the main character of the show. He is also [[TheDanza a fictionalized version of his creator, Christopher .J.]] Also serves as ButtMonkey. (Currently 15 yrs old.)
* Michael Jones (Christopher Michael Jones Sr.)-He's the main character's father. A total subversion of both the BumblingDad and the StandardFiftiesFather (Considered a mixture of [[LeaveItToBeaver Ward Cleaver]], [[TheBradyBunch Mr.Brady]], [[HappyDays Howard Cunningham]] and [[MarriedWithChildren Al Bundy]], [[TheSimpsons Homer Simpson]] and [[FamilyGuy Peter Griffin]], currently 37 yrs old)
* Angela Jones- She's Michael's wife and Chris's mother. Serves as both HouseWife and the most down-to-earth member of the family. (currently 34 yrs old)
* Marcy Jones- She is Chris' little sister. [[AnnoyingYoungerSibling A mischievous prankster]], who lives to make his brother's days a living hell. (currently 11 yrs old)
* Terry Munford- He serves as Chris' friend, and is TheDitz and BigEater (currently 16 yrs old, the oldest of Chris' friends)
* Dawn Sumerton- The only female in Chris' group, and is also his friend (and [[spoiler: love interest.]], currently 14 yrs old.)
* Tyler Frankenstock- Another friend in Chris' group, serves as the TeenGenius and FunnyForeigner ([[spoiler: he's British]], currently 13 yrs old, the youngest of Chris' friends.)
* Timmy the dog. He is the Jones' family pet. [[TalkingAnimal He can also talk, by the way]].
!! '''Tropes associated with this article'''
* AcceptableTargets: Virtually everything in "Chris" gives out a either a ShoutOut, or a TakeThat to almost everything that existed in TheEighties.
* AnnoyingYoungerSibling: Marcy.
* BrattyHalfPint: Marcy, especially during the time she's spends with her big brother. However, in "My Second Honeymoon part 2, Marcy seeked comfort from him when both she and he [[spoiler: found out that their parents are lost in the woods.]]
* BumblingDad: Michael subverts this: He's a kind, loving, stern and competent father, but that doesn't stop him from going to the bar for whatever reason, or doing the occasional stupid thing.
* ButtMonkey: Chris, despite being the star, is beginning to be the poster boy of this trope. In the episode, "A Rival", Chris [[spoiler: tries to end a date between his friend, Dawn and JerkAss rich boy, Stevie Stevenson. While it looks like he's gonna succeed, he ends up getting hit with water balloons (made of glue) and gets covered in feathers...by his friends, Terry and Tyler! Turns out the whole "date" was a ploy to prank Stevie, and Chris is berated by his own friends for ruining everything. Made only worse at the end, when Marcy sneaks in and takes a picture of him covered in feathers.]]
** Also, in the fifth episode, just when Dawn and Chris were about to kiss, a mugger shows up. [[spoiler: Chris tries to fight off the mugger to impress Dawn. But, Chris manages to get punched out by the mugger, while Dawn comes and beats the crap of the mugger to save Chris' life.]] Oh, poor Chris.
* BigEater: Terry, the fat kind.
* DaddysGirl: Marcy is like this to Michael. Also, Dawn with her father possibly.
* DownerEnding: "A Rival", but it's also a funny one. Also, "My Second Honeymoon", which ends with Michael and Angela [[spoiler: being washed ashore to an uncharted part of the woods when a terrible thunderstorm created a huge wave which almost drowned them. [[ItGotBetter They got better]] when they were found in the end of part 2, though.]]
* DumbBlonde: Dawn is a blond, and remarkably averts this.
* EveryoneMeetsEveryone: In the "pilot", Chris meets Terry after [[spoiler: accidentally bumping into one another]]. Terry then shows Chris around his new neighborhood. There, Chris meets Tyler, and then Dawn. Then, at the end of the second episode, the group dynamic is already established.
* [[FiveManBand Four Man Band]]:
** TheLancer and TheBigGuy-Terry.
** TheChick/[[SmartGuy SmartGirl]]-Dawn.
** The (second) SmartGuy-Tyler.
** [[TheSixthRanger The Fifth Ranger]] (or honorary memeber)-Timmy the dog (he hasn't really been seen with the Gang yet.)
* FunnyForeigner: Tyler, who hailed from either Great Britain or England. He also serves as the resident TeenGenius.
* GenerationXerox: Chris and his father, Michael physically look like one another. If you watch the character drawings of both of them, you'll know what I'm talking about.
* GoodPeopleHaveGoodSex: Michael and Angela.
* HappilyMarried: Michael and Angela.
* HouseWife: Angela, until she got a job as a [[spoiler: real estate agent]] in the fourth episode. Actually, she became a housewife again at the end of the fourth episode.
* JerkAss: Stevie Stevenson, even on his first appearance on the show he is shown insulting Chris, Tyler and Terry and hitting on Chris's crush [[spoiler: Dawn.]]
* [[SixStudentClique Four Student Clique]]: There only four main teenagers on the show (three guys, one girl.) And the first season is currently set during the summer. But, it still qualifies.
* SpiritualSuccessor: Try TheBreakfastClub (or any Creator/JohnHughes movie for that matter), HappyDays ([[spoiler: lampshaded in the fifth episode]]) and That70sShow.
* TheEighties: The first season is set in 1985. Plus, the show spoofs the decade as well.
* WebcomicTime: May or may not avert this if it continues.
* WebOriginal: Currently runs on Website/DeviantArt.
* [[WhereTheHellIsSpringfield Where The Hell is Tanningsburg?]]: The show is set in the fictional town/city of Tanningsburg, Illinois. Also, the town itself is a SpiritualSuccessor of Shermer, Illinois (the town where most Creator/JohnHughes movies are set in.) However, we don't know where Tanningsburg fits in Illinois right now. The Jones family actually moved to Tanningsburg. [[spoiler: They once lived in New York.]] But, if they lived in the city or upstate is up for question.
* WillTheyOrWontThey?: The first season is pretty much about if Chris and Dawn will ever be a couple? [[spoiler: Shown almost throughout the tenth episode, as they prepare for a game of "Truth or Dare?"]]