* Professional and college sports has more than its fair share of RUINED FOREVER moments. Any major mishap or miscue, particularly regarding roster or management changes, can lead to fans screaming about how their team will never win again. For example, the 2009 signing of Allen Iverson by the Memphis Grizzlies NBA club had fans hoping for a rejuvenation of what was arguably the worst team in all of basketball. Then, when Iverson and the Grizz dissolved their contract mere weeks later, [[http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/nov/16/heisley-iverson-we-want-decision-your-future-soon/ fans were almost literally screaming "Ruined Forever!!"]] Those fans who weren't muttering "IKnewIt" anyway.
* Marcelo Bielsa was the coach of Chile's national football team and his run on the team was considered superb by a huge part of the Chilean population (football is the most popular sport there, to the point that him and the national team were received like heroes when they came back from South Africa 2010). Then in the 2010 election of the national football association president he said that if the current president lost the election he was leaving. That guy lost the election, Bielsa left, and now football is RUINED FOREVER in Chile, with people protesting on the street and writing letters to every newspaper. There is even a campaign to quit the football channel on the cable en masse, for God's sake. Football is SeriousBusiness in Chile.
* Any major rule change in sports is almost guaranteed to get this reaction. The designated hitter is a prime example in baseball. Recent attempts to curb injuries on the field in the NFL have received this in spades.
* Brendan Shanahan as the new NHL head disciplinarian drew ire from some fans after a few suspensions, claiming "[[DisproportionateRetribution He suspended players for too long!]] The NHL will become a no-hitting league!"
* Find yourself an artistic gymnastics fan born before about 1996. Now ask them about the elimination of the perfect ten and the rise of event specialists in a sport that used to be dominated by All-Arounders like Nadia Comaneci, Shannon Miller, and Lilia Podkopayeva. Prepare to listen to an incredibly long rant about how the sport will never be the same and how no gymnast could ever match [insert fan's favorite gymnast here] because of the de-emphasis of the all-around.
* OJ Simpsons football legacy. He was one of the greatest players of his era, but everyone remembers him for the latter half of his life.
* Limited overs cricket has RUINED CRICKET FOREVER!!!
* Pay drivers have RUINED [[UsefulNotes/FormulaOne FORMULA ONE]] FOREVER! (Never mind that some of the greatest drivers started as pay drivers themselves.) For those not in the know, those are drivers that essentially paid a team to drive a car, something that's happened throughout its history, but has emerged into prominence in recent years as a result of the economy and the needs of less fortunate teams to find money somehow.
* This was the reaction of football fans when the World Cup was expanded from 32 teams to 48 for the 2026 tournament.
* UsefulNotes/RugbyUnion had for since its inception been an amateur only sport, but during the 1980s and 1990s this had been slowly changing until it eventually became fully professional. With this, to many, it had become RUINED FOREVER!
* [=MotoGP=] is seemingly heading to this after the scandalous 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix. Please note that RuleOfCautiousEditingJudgment is needed here. What the majority of fans does say though, is that they saw Marc Marquez's deliberate attempt in order to slow down Valentino Rossi and help fellow Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo to win the title. And then Rossi and Marquez collide, resulting in a crash for Marc. But, it was Rossi who get punished after the race due to accusations that Rossi kicked Marc's bike, even though it was clear from slow-motion replay that Marc hit Rossi's leg ''first'' before he fell down. Despite originally Rossi seemingly boycotting the final race at Valencia, he has decided to kept racing at Valencia. However, with many possibilities of outcomes following this chain of events such as a retirement by Rossi or Rossi moving to another racing category (along with his huge fanbase), in which Rossi has tested ''so many'' different type of it[[note]]Just a few notable ones; he has tested a Formula One car for Ferrari in mid [=2000s=], ran several WRC races, raced in endurance racing at 2012, and tested a NASCAR car in 2013[[/note]], [=MotoGP=] is going to be ruined forever.