[[http://entanglement_rp.dreamwidth.org/profile Here.]] You wake up on Senburu-Trati'salan, a falling apart space station. Or maybe you came here willingly. Or maybe you're an agent for...
[[TheEmpire The Fay'lia Empire]], a sprawling, psuedo-Roman, multidimensional empire. And by showing up on the station, you're now a dangerous terrorist in their eyes. Your job is to travel around the multiverse, recruiting others to the cause of LaResistance.
Entanglement is a small, niche game, centered around intrigue and politics where the characters take on the role of rebels against (or agents for) The Empire.
!! This game provides examples of:
* [[TheAllegedCar The Alleged Space Station]]: Senburu-Trati'salan is this.
* AnarchyIsChaos: Largely averted. The station gets along with a rather jerry rigged political structure.
* AscendedMeme: THE MODS HATE CATS
* ArmiesAreEvil: IC view held by some characters and many of the NPC hippies. Particularly evident in Sheeana and Talbot's feuding, although how much of that is real ideology and how much is them just plain not liking each other is not clear.
* AssInAmbassador: Literally, in Sandoval's case. He just doesn't seem to get (or perhaps not care) that most nation's diplomatic affairs don't include orgies.
* BreadAndCircuses: The Fay'lia way of governing.
* LesCollaborateurs: The characters who are secretly spying for the Fay'lia
* TheEmpire: The Fay'lia
* GambitPileup: Appears to be shaping up to happen with the two [[Franchise/StargateVerse Goa'uld]] and Adria, Gauron, the Bene Gesserit and the various Fay'lia agencies all trying to out-manipulate each other.
* GreyAndGreyMorality: While the Fay'lia do ruthlessly suppress dissent, they also raise the standard of living of conquered dimensions and bring them order, peace and protection. While the rebels are fighting for independence, their methods aren't always ethical and many are willing to make alliances with very unethical people who just happen to have a grudge against the Empire.
* HauledBeforeASenateSubcommittee: What the MHB (Fay'lia secret police) proposed as a deal for letting the station go from the universe of Cat Planet. The station may be blowing them off.
* LotusEaterMachine: Drosselmeyer's machine, from the convention planet
* NewAgeRetroHippie: Most of the [[NonPlayerCharacter NPCs]] on the station are this.
* NonPlayerCharacter: One of the few Livejournal Roleplays to include a large population of these and allow player use of most of them.
* OccupiersOutOfOurCountry: The station's primary message.
* OurElvesAreDifferent: The Fay'lia appear to be decadent high elves, with a distinct Roman influence
* PlanetOfHats: The first plot was actually called that.
* PublicServiceAnnouncement: The Fay'lia do this a lot. So do the characters, occasionally. It's usually little more than propaganda for either side.
* LaResistance: They're even called that.
* ShowWithinAShow: ''Freedom Deliverer Robin'' and the unnamed Fay'lia propaganda magical girl show it was designed to counter.
* TreacheryCoverUp: Whoever programmed Meteo Spiderbeam's ship to crash into the station
* TheWarOnStraw: An in-universe example. Fay'lia propaganda portrays the rebels as amoral terrorists.