->''"ROUND 1! GO!"''
-->-- The start of one of many fights...
The Dimensional Dungeons is a forum role playing game on the ONM forums, hosted by Garfield.01 (found [[http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98879&start=0 here]]). It tells the story of a battle between two magicians who are battling in the space between dimensions. When the Light Magician is defeated, he summons a bunch of characters from multiple franchises to stop the Dark Magician, who had begun to escape across the dimensions. The game is set up much like an old fashioned RPG, with characters having stats that grow as they level up and learn new techniques. The game takes place in locations featured in many mediums, as the characters battle and solve puzzles to catch up with the fleeing magician.
A short time after the original game ended, a sequel was made, called Dimensional Summoners (found [[http://forums.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100343 here]]. This game is set soon after the original, with a new bunch of characters who had gained the power to summon other characters. However, now they are working with a company called The Bureau, who gave them devices that amplify their summoning skills to investigate appearances of Anomalies, creatures created from the void seen in the first game.
!! This game contains examples of:
* AbortedArc: Many locations were cut from the first game, such as [[TheLegendOfZelda Hyrule]] and Tartarus.
* BackFromTheDead: The Light Magician, after [[DragonBall Shenron]] granted the wishes of the team. [[spoiler: Didn't last for long, though.]]
* BattleThemeMusic: Garf provides the bosses with these.
* BFG: Master Chief's Spartan Laser and the [[Franchise/MassEffect Cain]], much like they were in the source material
* BigBad: The first game had the Dark Magician as the main villain and the spark for the plot.
** [[spoiler: It appears [[TheLegendOfZeldaSkywardSword Ghirahim]] is taking the role for this in the second game]]
* BiggerBad: [[spoiler: After Shin Dark Magician was defeated, the Anomalies took over his body to ensure the Void would consume the multiverse]]
* BossRush: Areas near the end of the game featured boss fights one after another as the party closed in on the Dark Magician.
* BossSubtitles: In the second game.
* CantCatchUp: If you were inactive for a period of gameplay, you'll be lagging behind the rest of the players.
* CallBack: The second game features Anomalies much like the first game.
* CameBackWrong: The effects of [[WesternAnimation/AdventureTime Princess Bubblegum's]] revival potion, as inflicted on poor [[VideoGame/FinalFantasyXIII Snow Villiers]]
* CatchPhrase: Garf has a few that are seen nearly every phase.
** "Normal Deadlines" referring to the normal update time of 6PM.
** "(Character Name) isn't attacking" for when someone is inactive.
* CharacterLevel: Characters level up after battles, receiving boosts to their stats and more attacks. In the sequel, summons can level up too.
* CounterAttack: Trying to attack [[ResidentEvil Albert Wesker]] directly lead to the character receiving one of these.
** Some of the characters and summons also have access to these in both games.
* CurbStompBattle: Those poor Bidoof...
* DarkIsEvil: The Dark Magician abused his powers to attempt to control the multiverse.
* DefeatEqualsExplosion: When [[WesternAnimation/SouthPark Kenny]] was defeated while having Saibaman as his active summon, this was the effect.
* DrunkenMaster: Alcohol related moves tend to boost the stats of the user.
* EldritchLocation: [[spoiler: The Void]]
** And true to the source material, The End.
* ElementalPowers: In the sequel, many summons specialise in only one type of elemental attack.
* EnemyScan: Available to [[Franchise/SherlockHolmes Sherlock]] in the first game, and to any summon with the Scanner ability in the second.
* ExcusePlot: There wasn't really much of a plot to the first game.
* FinalBossNewDimension: Actually, all the bosses are contained in different dimensions.
** But the final boss [[spoiler: is technically the lack of dimensions]]
* GameBreaker: Any of the Insta-Kill moves.
* GiantMecha: Many of the Combination Attacks invoke this, such as Sherlock Holmes summoning Baker Street.
* HealingPotion: As to be expected from an RPG.
* HopelessBossFight: The final battle against the Void is unwinnable, [[spoiler: at least, until the Light Magician sacrifices himself and the Oblivion Host/Dark Magician to seal the void]]
* HyperactiveMetabolism: Food items recover health and in the sequel, some summons can even boost the healing power of food.
* LightIsGood: The Light Magician is a lot nicer than his Dark counterpart
* TheMenInBlack: The Bureau in the second game.
* TheMultiverse: The setting of both the games.
* OneHitKill: At higher levels, some of the characters unlocked these.
* OneWingedAngel: The ultimate fate of the Dark Magician, transforming into Shin Dark Magician [[spoiler: and then into the Oblivion Host]]
** Also, many of the moves invoke this, such as the Genie transforming into a dragon or [[WallaceAndGromit Wallace]] turning into a Wererabbit.
* NonCombatEXP: Completing puzzles outside of battle is another way to gain levels.
* NoSell: Nemesis is completely immune to stun, while resisting physical attacks too.
* RagtagBunchOfMisfits: The party is this in both games, particularly when you include summons.
* RolePlayingGame: Through and through.
* SequelHook: At the end of the first game, [[spoiler: an average man finds out he has the power to summon fictional characters.]]
* ShoutOut: In a nod to GreatestHit the finale takes place in a ruined Richmond, Virginia.
** The point of the game, in a sense. Many franchises receive references during the games.
* SummonMagic: In the first game, some items and moves allowed for the summoning of characters to aid in battle. In the second game, summon magic is the focus of combat.
* StandardStatusEffects: In both games.
* StatusBuff: Again, to be expected from an RPG.
* TrueFinalBoss: The Dark Magician burns through a few forms before you finally beat him [[spoiler: but really, his body is being used by the Anomalies to open the void. The final battle is against the void, while it destroys the multiverse]]
[[folder: Game! ]]