West and Gordon receive a request for help from a farmer in Grey Ridge, New Mexico, but when they arrive at his farm they find him dead and themselves under attack by a large, armored vehicle. Upon further investigation they find that someone has been trying to drive the local farmers off their land. The culprit appears to be Theodore Bock, a local businessman who is trying to acquire the farmers' property for reasons of his own and who is more than willing to use intimidation, torture and murder to achieve his goal.
!!Tropes present in this episode:
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: Bock is defeated rather easily when Jim and Artie steal his tank.
* LargeHam: Artie in disguise as Texas millionaire ''ELLSWORTH R. CALDWELL - R STANDS FOR RICH! HAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!!''
* NoIndoorVoice: See LargeHam above. Seriously, Yosemite Sam would tell him to turn it down a notch.
* SlippingAMickey: Artie is given a drink which he realizes is spiked, but drinks it anyway so as not to break character.
* UnwittingPawn: Lonie Millard loves and respects Bock as a surrogate father figure; she thinks he is a good, honest man. He, on the other hand, is simply using her as a front and is perfectly willing to kill her, if necessary.
* WrittenInInfirmity: Ross Martin broke his leg while filming the climax of "The Night of the Avaricious Actuary," so the opening of the next episode to be filmed, ''this'' episode, was rewritten so that Artie breaks his leg when the machine attacks our heroes.