West and Gordon are introduced to Gerda Sharff, a former member of the villainous Count Manzeppi's organization. She wants to trade information for protection, but she disappears in an explosion before a deal can be made, leaving behind only a small toy chicken. A complicated game of cat and mouse ensues involving Gerda, Manzeppi and the agents, all of them after the chicken - or, more precisely, what it contains.
!!Tropes present in this episode:
* ChronicBackstabbingDisorder: Gerda doesn't stay loyal to anyone for very long.
* DistressBall: Jim gets a lead from the chicken and runs off to investigate without telling Artie where he's going or why. Not surprisingly, he winds up captured and Artie has to track him down with nothing to go on.
* FanDisservice: Some fans may argue [[spoiler:the very sexy Michele Carey (as Gerda) being [[KarmicDeath turned into gold]] and blown up]] qualifies.
* OrganGrinder: Manzeppi disguises himself as one and uses the accompanying monkey to deliver explosives. Artie uses the same disguise later on when trying to locate Gerda.
* PhilosophersStone: [[spoiler:This is what the toy chicken contains and why everyone wants it.]]
* RewardedAsATraitorDeserves: [[spoiler: Gerda.]]
* WeWillMeetAgain: Count Manzeppi assures West and Gordon of this. Sadly, they didn't.