The Carson City mint is broken into and the plates stolen, replaced with inferior copies. After various attempts on their lives the agents manage to focus their suspicions on Warren Trevor, big game hunter and circus proprietor, who is hoping to purchase a large tract of land in Africa.
!!Tropes present in this episode:
* CounterfeitCash: By the time Jim and Artie recover the stolen plates, stacks of bills have already been struck from them. Jim takes the plates and makes a run for it while Artie stays behind to burn the piles.
* HairpinLockpick: Jim purposely leaves Artie locked in a cage at episode's end. Artie reaches through the bars, plucks a hairpin from the head of a girl nearby and frees himself.
* KnockoutGas: Gas pumped in from a gaslight lamp and an unspecified additive is used to fill a very large U.S. Mint set and knock out several people within seconds.
* NeverSmileAtACrocodile: While investigating the circus grounds, Jim ends up in a lake. Enter one large and apparently hungry crocodile. A few minutes later, exit James West... from the lake, leaving the crocodile dead behind him.
* NonIronicClown: This is Artie's disguise of choice when he infiltrates the circus, complete with elaborate makeup, baggy costume and cheerful, playful miming.
* TamperingWithFoodAndDrink: Jim and Artie are about to down a couple of drinks in a restaurant when they notice a [[BitterAlmonds distinctive odor]] coming from the glasses.
* ThrowTheDogABone: The first three episodes of the series ended with Artie looking on resignedly while Jim made out with the GirlOfTheWeek. In this episode there are ''two'' girls... and Artie walks off with ''both'' of them, one on each arm (see the upper right corner of the page image).