West is lured to a hospital by a report that Gordon has been injured. There he is incapacitated by the attending physician, Dr. Arcularis, and taken to a lonely lighthouse, where Arcularis attempts to brainwash him into assassinating Chief Ho-Tami, a key figure in preventing an Indian war. Gordon has his hands full trying both to locate West and pacify Ahkeema, the embittered representative of the embattled Osage.
!!Tropes present in this episode:
* BrainwashedAndCrazy: Jim is brainwashed to assassinate Chief Ho-Tami. [[spoiler:Artie is similarly programmed to kill Jim.]]
* LighthousePoint: The location Dr. Arcularis chooses for his brainwashing experiments.
* ManchurianAgent: Arcularis' plans for Jim [[spoiler: and Artie.]]
* ShoutOut: Madame [=LaFarge=] and her "heads will roll" catchphrase is a reference to Literature/ATaleOfTwoCities. Artie also encounters an unpleasant gentleman named [[Literature/OliverTwist Sikes]].
* SwordCane: Artie grabs one on his way out to look for Jim.
* VolleyingInsults: Ahkeema is so abrasive that Artie eventually stops being polite and they start trading snide remarks. And a death threat, which Artie brushes off handily.
-->'''Ahkeema''': "Old Indian proverb: 'Insult an Osage brave only when you are weary of life.'"\\
'''Artie''': "Old white man's proverb: 'Fish and bad-tempered guests stink in a very short time.'"