Episode - 7F17\\
First Aired - 3/28/1991
Grandpa falls in love with an old woman named Beatrice, but when his family forces him to miss her birthday (and returns to find that Bea died of a burst heart vessel[[note]]literally a broken heart[[/note]]), he angrily blames Homer and disowns him, but Grampa's attitude changes when he inherits Bea's money and must come up with a way to use the money for the benefit of his fellow man.
!!Tropes in this episode:
* IHaveNoSon: Abe disowns Homer after the latter robs him of Bea's final moments. He makes up with him out of encouragement from her ghost.
* NotSoImaginaryFriend: When Abe first told the Simpsons about Beatrice, Homer thought she was imaginary.
* OnOneCondition: The lawyer reading Beatrice's will told Grandpa he'd have to spend a night in a haunted house to inherit her money. [[SubvertedTrope He was kidding]].
* SomethingCompletelyDifferent: Not only is this one of the more dramatic episodes (akin to "Like Father, Like Klown," "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish," and "Bart vs. Thanksgiving"), but this episode (as of 2014 and barring the feature film) is the only one to list the voice actors with their characters in the closing credits (meaning, you actually get to see who Creator/DanCastellaneta, Creator/JulieKavner, Creator/NancyCartwright, Creator/YeardleySmith, Creator/HankAzaria, and Creator/HarryShearer voice on the show).
* SpecialGuest: Creator/PhilHartman as Lionel Hutz and Plato; [[TheHoneyMooners Audrey Meadows]] as Beatrice "Bea" Simmons
* TerribleIntervieweesMontage: The people lined up with suggestions for what to do with Grampa's inheritance, one of which is The Joker from the ''Batman'' franchise. Professor Frink (the JerryLewis-esque BunglingInventor) made his first appearance in this sequence.
* UnexpectedInheritance: Abe didn't expect to inherit anything from Beatrice.