Episode - 5F06\\
First Aired - 12/7/1997
Feeling bored with life (once again), Marge takes a job in real estate but is uncomfortable having to bend the truth to make sales, especially when she wants to sell a cursed house to the Flanders. Meanwhile, Homer buys Snake's car at a police auction and Snake breaks out of jail to get it back.
This episode features Creator/PhilHartman's last appearance as Lionel Hutz before his death in 1998.
* AnArmAndALeg: Kirk's arm is sliced off by Snake's wire while complaining that his sandwich wasn't sliced.
** WhatCouldHaveBeen: Originally, the gag was just supposed to be his sandwich gets sliced to how he wants it, but the writers decided to make it more shocking.
--> '''Moe Szyslak:''' Geez, this hot rod is souped up six ways from Sunday! Never had you figured for a gearhead, Homer.
--> '''Homer Simpson:''' [[BlatantLies Oh yeah, I'm a real expert.]]
--> '''Moe Szyslak:''' What is that, a six barrel Holley carb?
--> '''Homer Simpson:''' You betcha!
--> '''Moe Szyslak''': Edelbrock intakes?
--> '''Homer Simpson:''' Nothing but.
--> '''Moe Szyslak:''' [[ArtisticLicenseCars Myohoff lifters?]]
--> '''Homer Simpson:''' Oh, yeah.
--> '''Moe Szyslak:''' I made that last one up.
--> '''Homer Simpson:''' I see.
** The people in the unemployment line besides Kirk and Marge are Larry Burns (Mr. Burns' son from "Burns Baby Burns"), Lurleen Lumpkin (from "Colonel Homer," who looks just as worn-out and drug-addled as she did in "Marge vs. The Monorail"), George H.W. Bush (from "Two Bad Men"[[note]]The season seven episode where UsefulNotes/GeorgeHWBush and his wife, Barbara, move in across the street from The Simpsons and Homer and Bart play pranks on him[[/note]]), and the redheaded hippie writer (modeled after ''Simpsons'' writer George Meyer) from "The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show" who was fired for objecting to adding Poochie the dog in a vain attempt at revitalizing ''The Itchy and Scratchy Show''.
--> '''Marge Simpson:''' I'm not getting back in this car until you drive like a sane person!
--> '''Homer Simpson:''' [speeds off] Okaybyeloveya!
--> '''Lionel Hutz''': Cubicles are for ''closers'', Marge. Anyone who doesn't sell a house their first week gets fired. I probably should've mentioned that earlier.
* HonorBeforeReason: Marge giving back the check because she sold the Flanders the Murder House.
* MajorInjuryUnderreaction: Kirk getting his arm sliced off. All he utters is a sad, "Ow!" Also, [[BloodlessCarnage there's no blood or gore]].
* NoodleIncident: The brief shot of Kirk in the unemployment line with his arm in a sling will come off as this if you watch the EditedForSyndication version where Kirk getting his arm cut off after Homer dodges the piano wire is cut.
* ShoutOut: Gil makes his first appearance in this episode, and is patterned after Jack Lemmon's character in ''Theatre/GlengarryGlenRoss''. The "cubicles are for closers" line is also a parody of the line, "Coffee is for closers".
** Todd Flanders says [[Film/TheShining "Red room, red room]], over there!"
* SexSells: Marge's real estate billboard. Parodied with The Lumber King billboard, where Homer is mesmerized by the fat, moving butt of the company mascot.
--> '''Homer''': Homer: Gee, that picture makes your butt look big!\\
'''Marge''': I thought so, too! But they said it sells.
* ThatPoorCar: Snake is upset when he hears Homer shifting gears poorly and using regular gasoline instead of premium.
* VocalDissonance: Mixed with CallBack: When Flanders is excited about the house he's touring, he screams like a woman.
--> '''Ned''': Purple drapes! All my life, I've wanted purple drapes! (high-pitched scream)