Episode - 3F12\\
First Aired - 2/11/1996
Bart accidentally reveals that Krusty the Klown has been hiding his earnings in an illegal offshore account, resulting in his hero's financial ruin (not in prison time because, unlike what happened in [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS1E12KrustyGetsBusted "Krusty Gets Busted"]], celebrities aren't sent to prison [at least not for tax fraud]) and apparent suicide.
* CallBack: When "Rory Bellows" was swimming from his boat to the shore, his face colors melted, revealing his "Krusty" face, which goes with the revelation on "Homer's Triple Bypass" that Krusty's "clown make-up" was not make-up (which had something to do with his heart condition), but contadicts "Krusty Gets Busted" and "Brush With Greatness," which reveal that Krusty's clown make-up is temporary and he doesn't wear it when he's off-camera.
* [[spoiler: FakingTheDead]]: [[spoiler:Krusty faked his death to start a new life and later faked the death of his alter ego to collect insurance money]].
* IntimidatingRevenueService: They took 95 percent of Krusty's future earnings (it'd be 75 for the next 40 years but Krusty said he didn't plan to live that much) and took over his show and Krusty Burger (renamed IRS Burger and with a tax theme).
* MinorCrimeRevealsMajorPlot: Bart getting a check not signed by Krusty the Clown himself --> revelation of tax fraud.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Bart when he inadvertently gets Krusty arrested.
-->'''Bart:''' Krusty's my hero. How could I do this to him?
-->'''Lisa:''' I know it's sad Bart, but you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.
-->'''Bart:''' Yeah, the other kids will do that for me at school tomorrow.
* OnOneCondition: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie had to spend a night in a haunted house in order to inherit $100 each. The lawyer said that condition was a standard clause.
* RichesToRags: Krusty after the Feds caught him.
* SwissBankAccount: The Cayman Islands version:
-->'''Cayman Islands guy''': ''(on phone)'' I'm sorry, but I cannot divulge information about that customer's secret illegal account.
-->Oh, crap. I shouldn't have said he was a customer.
-->Oh, crap. I shouldn't have said it was a secret.
-->Oh, crap! I certainly shouldn't have said it was illegal.
-->It's too hot today.