Episode - 3F11\\
First Aired - 2/4/1996
After Grampa breaks the TV, the Simpsons dump him at the home and head off to Ogdenville's Outlet Mall to buy a new one (that looks just like the old one, because StatusQuoIsGod). While there, Marge finds a fancy Chanel suit and begins wearing it around the house and around town so she can feel like she's a rich housewife -- and an old friend from high school sets out to make Marge's wish of being high-class come true by inviting her to a country club.
* AllGirlsLikePonies: Lisa is at first critical of the country club, but then she sees the horses and all objections fade away.
* AlphaBitch: Susan, who hurls snobbish insults at Marge the whole episode. Subverted at the end, when Marge doesn't show up for her own initiation:
--> '''Susan''': I hope she didn't take my attempt to destroy her too seriously.
* BizarreAndImprobableGolfGame: Burns at first appears to be a great player despite his age, with every shot landing in the green. It is then revealed that Smithers had been secretly putting the balls there.
* InsaneTrollLogic: "What's the point of going out? We're just gonna wind up back here anyway."
* LanguageFluencyDenial: Marge meets a now-wealthy old friend of at the Kwik-E-Mart. When the woman tried to get Apu to pump her gas despite it being a self-service station, Apu pretended to not speak English even though she just heard him talking to Marge seconds earlier.
* MockMillionaire: Marge never intended to pass herself off as rich with the Chanel dress, she just wanted to treat herself to a nice dress and feel like she was one of the upper crust. But once she got into the country club, she felt forced to keep up with the charade.
* OfficeGolf: Homer practices his shots in the mens room at the plant.
* TookALevelInJerkass: Marge takes one in the episode as she tries her best to fit in with the rich socialites and begins to ostracize her family and snaps at them to just be good (Aka don't speak your mind, don't talk to anyone, etc) and she only realizes what she's become once Homer sadly tells the kids "You kids should thank your mother, now that she's a better person, we can see how awful we really are."
* TriviallyObvious: "Homer, I like your in-your-face humanity. I like the way Lisa speaks her mind. I like Bart's ... I like Bart."
** And that was enough for Bart.
* WritingAroundTrademarks: On the audio DVD commentary, it's mentioned Marge was allowed to say that she had a Chanel dress (both the discounted suit and the second one she bought when the first one was ruined), but they couldn't show the actual name (which is why Marge's fingers covered the label and a [[SceneryCensor tree covered the Chanel storefront]]).