Episode - 3F09\\
First Aired - 1/14/1996
During a neighborhood rummage sale, Homer sees a moving van at a vacant house across the street from his home and learns that the new neighbors are former President George H.W. Bush and ex-First Lady Barbara Bush, whom everyone (except Bart and Homer) welcomes with open arms.
!!!This episode provides examples of:
* AluminumChristmasTrees: The writers at the time claim they did not know that GeorgeHWBush actually had a son named George Jr. (they knew about Jeb, though) -- and neither did most of the 1996 audience. So what was supposed to be Homer being an idiot as usual by calling one of the cardboard cutouts "George Bush Jr." nowadays looks like he knew all along.
* BerserkButton: Homer's rights being violated by Bush after learning what happened to Bart...
-->'''Homer''': First Bush invades my home turf, then he takes my pals, then he makes fun of the way I talk... probably. Now he steals my right to raise a disobedient, smart-alecky son! Well, that's it!
* DiscoDan: Disco Stu makes his first appearance as the punchline to the fact that Homer's jacket said "Disco Stu" when it was supposed to say "Disco Stud".
* DisproportionateRetribution: The cycle of revenge between Homer and Mr. Bush, all over Bush "stealing" Homer's rights.
* HollywoodToneDeaf: Apu sings an off-key version of Music/CheapTrick's "Dream Police".
* TheKlutz: Both Homer and Gerald Ford discover this as a point they have in common when they both trip simultaneously.
* NotSoDifferent: Between Homer and Bush (negatively). And also between Homer and UsefulNotes/GeraldFord (positively).
* RealLifeWritesThePlot: This episode was based on one of the writers actually playing pranks on George H.W. Bush as a kid and wasn't meant to be a political attack on him. However, since George H.W. Bush and Barbara criticized ''TheSimpsons'' for being "stupid" and contributing to society's alleged downfall, there are some implications (both fortunate and unfortunate) that spring from this.
* SeriousBusiness: Homer actually goes through his word in this one.
* [[SmarterThanYouLook Smarter Than They Look]]: Homer and Bart coming up with ways to get at George Bush that must have taken a lot of skill and planning.
* ShoutOut: The episode itself is one to [[ComicStrip/DennisTheMenaceUS the American version of Dennis the Menace]].
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Creator/PhilHartman was supposed to voice Disco Stu, but when the animators needed to do a model change, Hartman wasn't available, so Creator/HankAzaria did it instead.