Episode - 2F06\\
First Aired - 11/27/1994
After stealing a rare gummi candy (one shaped like the Venus de Milo) from a confection convention, Homer loses it -- and finds it on the butt of the babysitter he hired (a feminist university student) while driving her home, but his successful grab turns into a media circus and women's rights protest after Homer is accused of sexually harassing the babysitter.
This episode contains examples of (YMMV tropes can be found [[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS6E9HomerBadman here]]):
* AsHimself: Dennis Franz (playing Homer in ''Homer S.: Portrait of an Ass-Grabber'')
* AccidentalPervert: The plot is kicked off when Ashley Grant mistakenly assumes Homer was groping her when he was pulling the gummi Venus de Milo off her rear end.
* ConvictedByPublicOpinion: "Rock Bottom" gets Springfield and all of America to condemn Homer based upon little more than hearsay and a blatantly-edited interview. Lisa and the family use public access TV to prove Homer's innocence, and Willie's amateur video is what saves the day.
** News Anchorman Kent Brockman had this announcement: "Now, here are some results from our phone-in poll: 95% of the people believe Homer Simpson is guilty. Of course, this is just a television poll which is not legally binding, unless Proposition 304 passes. And we all pray it will."
* HypocriticalHumor: After Willie is shamed by Rock Bottom for peeping, Homer begins to criticize Willie even though Willie's peeping saved Homer.
* ManipulativeEditing: Homer's interview on "Rock Bottom" is blatantly edited to make it seem like Homer admitted to grabbing the babysitter's butt and enjoying it, as the clock behind Homer is jumping to different times, and at one point is clearly frozen in a VHS-style pause.
* OutrunTheFireball: The DVD commentary describes the manner of Homer's escape from the candy convention (using a can of Buzz Cola and some Pop Rocks), complete with a BondOneLiner ("See you in Hell, candy boys!"), as "A parody of every BruceWillis movie ever made".
* RightForTheWrongReasons: While Homer was right for thinking Willie is a pervert, he believed it because of what he saw on TV rather than from Willie openly admitting it.
* RonTheDeathEater: Happens InUniverse with [[ShowWithinAShow the TV movie]] ''Homer S.: Portrait of an Ass-Grabber'', starring Dennis Franz as Homer, which portrays Homer as a [[EvilLaugh cackling]], [[KickTheDog dog-kicking]] pervert.
* StrawFeminist: Averted. Ashley Grant (who falsely accuses Homer of sexual harassment) does feel that men can easily be manipulated by women and she does think Homer grabbed her butt in the car, but when she sees video evidence of what really happened, she realized that she jumped the gun and apologizes.
* TakeThat: The whole episode is a scathing satire on what the writers called "the tabloidization of the media". "Rock Bottom" directly spoofs the investigative show ''Hard Copy'', with many of the tactics shown onscreen, such as setting up camps outside people's homes, things ''Hard Copy'' would do. The ShowWithinAShow "Ben" is the embodiment of the writers' feeling that all it takes to host such a show is a microphone and an audience.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: Originally, the episode was supposed to have Homer and Lisa fight over the DoubleStandard (how it's okay for one gender to do something, but not okay for the opposite gender to do the same thing), but the O.J. Simpson trial was becoming a big deal, so the writers decided to mine that for all it was worth by making fun of how the media sensationalizes their stories for the sake of entertainment over truth.