Episode - 2F33\\
First Aired - 9/25/1994
In the second Simpsons clip show, Marge reads ''Literature/TheBridgesOfMadisonCounty'' and calls for a family meeting to discuss romance, but every family members' encounters with love has either ended in heartbreak or near-infidelity.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AlanSmithee: The episode is credited to "Penny Wise" as the real writer[[note]]Jon Vitti, a staff writer from seasons 1-4 who had left with most of the original writing crew at the end of that season but returned to write this episode and a couple of others, including the following season's clip show[[/note]] didn't want to be credited for writing a clip show. The following year's clip show (The 138th Episode Spectacular) went one better by also crediting the director as "Pound Foolish".
* BottleEpisode[=/=]ClipShow: The episode intentionally takes this to its extreme and barely has any new animation (except for the beginning where Marge is reading ''The Bridges of Madison County''), meaning that even the framing scenes of The Simpsons in the kitchen are [[StockFootage recycled]] from past episodes (mostly from the season two episode "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish.")
* CallBack: Homer tells Marge what happened to Mindy Simmons after Homer told her that they can never be together: she [[TheAlcoholic hit the bottle pretty hard]] and lost her job at the plant, even though later episodes would have her clean and sober. She could have went to rehab and become a recovering alcoholic, or the story could be a rumor that Homer heard through Lenny, Carl, and/or Charlie.
* HandWave: During Lisa's story, Lisa's explanation on why nobody was wearing jackets despite it being the middle of February: It was unusually warm for that time of year.
* LeaningOnTheFourthWall: The scene of the kids watching ''Itchy and Scratchy'' and Lisa explaining that this particular cartoon is using StockFootage is clearly using animation from an early episode of the show itself (specifically "[[Recap/TheSimpsonsS1E12KrustyGetsBusted Krusty Gets Busted]]")
* SeriesContinuityError: The StockFootage of Homer throwing a book into the fireplace (despite their bedroom not having a fireplace) was hand-waved by Marge grumbling, "I knew we shouldn't have put a fireplace in the bedroom..."
* SpecialGuest: Creator/AlbertBrooks as Jacques (credited as A. Brooks); Creator/SaraGilbert as Laura Powers; Creator/KelseyGrammer as Sideshow Bob; Creator/PhilHartman as Troy [=McClure=]; Creator/JonLovitz as Artie Ziff; Creator/MichellePfeiffer as Mindy Simmons; Marcia Wallace as Edna Krabappel [All voices are only within clips.]
* StockFootage: The vast majority of the episode featured this.
* TakeThat: Lisa's line about ''WesternAnimation/RenAndStimpy'' recycling footage to make new cartoons, and Marge's line, "Yes, but when was the last time anyone talked about ''Ren and Stimpy''?" At the time this episode aired, ''Ren and Stimpy'' was run by Games Animation.