In this parody of ''Disney/OneHundredAndOneDalmatians'' (both the cartoon and live-action films), Santa's Little Helper cuts a destructive path across the Simpson house, which leads him to the dog track from "Simpsons Roasting On an Open Fire," where he mates with a female dog racer named "She's The Fastest" and becomes the father of 25 greyhound pups that Mr. Burns wants for his wardrobe.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* ActuallyPrettyFunny: After Mr. Burns sings about how he's going to make the puppies into a suit, Bart finds himself humming the song.
'''Bart:''' Sorry. You gotta admit, it's catchy.
* TheCameo: Nanny from ''Disney/OneHundredAndOneDalmatians'' appears briefly during "See My Vest".
* CelebrityResemblance: Mr. Burns thinks one of the dogs standing on its hind legs looks like Rory Calhoun, of all people. What makes this particularly funny is that Smithers immediately knows who Burns is referring too, despite just a vague description given.
* ChekhovsGun: The puppies' habit of chewing on Bart's socks.
* ClaspYourHandsIfYouDeceive: Mr. Burns does this when scheming how to steal the puppies.
* CostumeTestMontage: Mr. Burns while singin his VillainSong.
* CruellaToAnimals: Mr. Burns plans to make the dogs into a suit. He has a whole wardrobe full of clothes made from animals, and one line in his song implies that he's willing to use his human servants if necessary.
* CutenessProximity: Mr. Burns tries to kill the dogs, but finds that he can't bear to do so because of their PuppyDogEyes. He then turns his gun towards Bart and Lisa, but they make sad faces and whine as well, and Burns relents.
* DrivenToSuicide: [[spoiler: It at first appears that Homer hung himself after losing millions of dollars from giving the racing dogs to Burns. Subverted in that he's actually swatting a lightbulb in the basement.]]
* EscapedAnimalRampage: Kent Brockman is reading the news in front of a window:
--> ''In today’s news, a two-ton rhino escaped from the Springfield zoo. But zoo officials were quick to act, and Petunia, as she is known, is safely back in captivity. [A rhino appears outside the window and attacks the audience] In other news, a three-ton rhino that escaped from the zoo last week is still at large.''
* FunnyBackgroundEvent: The EscapedAnimalRampage above, playing out behind an oblivious Kent.
* IAmSpartacus: Invoked by Lisa as she makes all puppies stand up to get closer to Bart's socks.
* NeedleInAStackOfNeedles[=/=]ShellGame: Burns has decided to spare one of the puppies after it stands up on its hind legs. Bart hides him among the other puppies to keep Burns from shooting them all. Burns tries to single him out by having him do his trick, but Bart then dangles some socks behind Burns to get all the dogs to stand up.
* NotWhatItLooksLike: Homer's shadow in the basement. To Marge is first looks like Homer hanged himself.
* OffscreenTeleportation: Lampshaded by Bart wondering how fast Mr. Burns and Smithers could reach the basement.
* OverlyLongGag: The puppies eating Homer's chips.
* PetTheDog: Mr. Burns decides to spare one of the dogs because it can stand on its hind legs. [[spoiler:He eventually spares them all.]]
* ShadowDiscretionShot: When [[spoiler:Homer appears to hang himself. (He's actually holding on to the rafter and swatting the lightbulb, which makes the shadow appear to be swinging.)]]
* ShootTheDog: Mr. Burns is attempting exactly that but cannot bring himself to do it.
** The entire plot is a WholePlotReference to ''Disney/OneHundredAndOneDalmatians''.
** The song "See My Vest" spoofs "Be Our Guest" from ''Disney/BeautyAndTheBeast''.
** Santa's Little Helper and She's The Fastest's date parodies ''Disney/LadyAndTheTramp''.
* SpaghettiKiss: Parodied when Santa's Little Helper and She's the Fastest end up fighting over the strand.
* SpinningClockHands: As the family watch the puppies being born, after they count 24 the clock on the wall is shown spinning to a few hours later, after which the count is... 25.
* TemptingFate: Deconstructed. All three guests to Marge's dinner are so full of praise, that it could only end in misery.
* TouchTelepathy: Parodied. The pet shop employee mind-melds with the Simpons' dog in order to increase sales.
* UnplannedCrossdressing: Bart in Lisa's clothes because his own fell victim to the dog puppies.
* VillainSong: "See My Vest".
* ViewersAreGeniuses: Anyone without a film degree any idea who Rory Calhoun was?
* WholePlotReference: To ''Disney/OneHundredAndOneDalmatians''.