Episode - 2F10\\
First Aired - 1/22/1995
During one of Marge's self-imposed, weekly family hours, the Simpsons are looking through the photo album. the kids notice that there are no photos of Maggie, and Lisa wonders why, leading to yet another flashback episode of how a Simpson child was born; this time, focusing on Homer quitting his job at the nuclear plant, getting hired at the bowling alley, and forced to go back to work at the nuclear plant after Marge discovers that she's pregnant again after a romantic evening celebrating their new debt-free life.
!!This episode contain examples of:
* BaitAndSwitch: At least three examples:
** After Homer quits his job and starts looking forward to his "dream job in paradise", we cut to Homer in what appears to be a tropical setting, complete with steel drum music. Then, he declares, "And now, the final phase of my plan," and it is revealed that he's actually at the bowling alley.
** When Patty and Selma make calls about Marge being pregnant, there is a time cut between their first and last calls, implying they've called many people. They then reveal that they've only called two people (those being the biggest gossips in town).
** When Homer decides to get a raise at the bowling alley:
-->'''Homer:''' That's it, I'm going to march right up to Al and say --\\
''(Cut to Homer at the alley)''\\
'''Homer:''' Steve! I mean, Al!
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: Homer when the townspeople congratulate him for the new baby, which gets increasingly obvious.
-->'''Moe:''' Hey, Homer! Way to get Marge pregnant. ''(laughs)''\\
'''Homer:''' This is getting very abstract, but thank you. I ''do'' enjoy working at the bowling alley.
* ExactWords: Patty and Selma promise not to tell Homer and don't-- they just make sure the rest of the town knows by calling the two biggest gossips in town.
* KickTheDog: "Don't forget; you're here forever"*
** PetTheDog: Homer changing the plaque to "Do it for her"
* LeaningOnTheFourthWall: As Homer begins the WholeEpisodeFlashback: "Listen carefully and my words will shape images as clear as any TV show."
** Also Bart saying, "Dad, you can't expect us to sit here for 20 minutes straight," Lisa leaving to get a snack and maybe go to the bathroom during Homer's story, and Marge staying on the couch and imagining all the products she'd like to buy.
* NarrativeBackpedaling: Not only did Homer's head ''not'' explode randomly, but his bottom's a little bigger.
** The trope was later [[SubvertedTrope subverted]] when Homer told the family about his failed attempt to attract customers. Homer shot a rifle in the air while shouting "Bowling here!" Lisa asked Marge to make him "tell the story right" and Marge explained "That's what really happened".
* SeriesContinuityError: The two times Homer reacted to Marge being pregnant with Bart and Lisa were vastly different than what was shown on "I Married Marge"[[note]]Homer and Marge were in Dr. Hibbert's office, Homer and Marge weren't even married at that time nor did they live in their current house, and Homer yelled, "D'oh!" so loud that a man in traction felt bad for him[[/note]] and "Lisa's First Word."[[note]]Marge and Homer were living in an apartment on the Lower-East Side of Springfield and Homer was actually happy that Marge was having another child -- until Bart flushed his car keys down the toilet[[/note]].
* PursueTheDreamJob: Homer pays off his debts and Homer quits his stressful job at the power plant, and starts working at the bowling alley, which was his long-time dream, apparently.