Episode - 1F07\\
First Aired - 12/9/1993
Mindy Simmons, a sexy new employee at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant proves alarmingly compatible with Homer, who worries that his attraction to her may mean danger for his marriage. Meanwhile, Bart becomes a nerd after being fitted for glasses and prescribed medicated hair salve, orthopedic shoes, and throat spray that makes him sound like JerryLewis from the original version of ''The Nutty Professor''.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AFormYouAreComfortableWith: Homer's guardian angel appears to him in the form of SirIsaacNewton, "a man you would respect and revere." When he realizes Homer has no idea who Newton is, he instead takes the form of [[Series/HogansHeroes Colonel Klink]] -- which he ''really'' [[CrowningMomentOfFunny didn't want to do]].
-->"[[CrowningMomentOfFunny COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?]]"
* BigEater: Mindy loves to eat just as much as Homer, but she somehow avoided getting fat.
* BorrowedCatchPhrase: Mindy does Homer's drooling sound.
-->'''Homer and Mindy:''' [[MadLibsCatchPhrase Mmm...foot-long chili dog.]]
* BuffySpeak: When Dr. Hibbert turns Bart into a nerd:
-->'''Bart:''' Ay! I feel so much better, Mr. Medical-Science-Type-Person.
* ChuckCunninghamSyndrome: Mindy just vanished after Homer tells her that they can never be in love because he's a married man. While WildMassGuessing has suggested that Homer imagined Mindy as Marge so he can finally have sex with her, later episodes with Homer at the nuclear plant don't have Mindy Simmons at all, suggesting that Mindy left, Marge [[NoodleIncident somehow]] found out where Homer was, and came down to cheer him up. "Another Simpsons Clip Show" from season six explained that Mindy was fired from her job at the plant after succumbing to alcoholism, but later episodes (such as "Team Homer"[[note]]season seven episode where Homer starts his own bowling team and Springfield Elementary implements a uniform dress code after Bart wears a "Down With Homework" shirt[[/note]] and "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson"[[note]]the season eight episode where Marge starts her own pretzel company, and Homer gets the Springfield Italian mob to help her[[/note]]) have Mindy clean and sober, suggesting that she either went to rehab and came back or the "Mindy drank herself out of the job" story was a rumor.
* CompletelyMissingThePoint: Homer's guardians angel shows Homer how terrible life would be if he married Mindy. He's incredibly rich, living in a mansion, and happy. Meanwhile, Marge is president (and her approval rating is soaring).
* CuttingCorners: The RunningGag concerning the lack of safety at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant continues, with Homer and some of his friends discovering the hard way that the emergency exit doors are ''painted onto the walls''.
** Burns also implies that the uranium shields [[FridgeHorror don't contain real lead]]!
** Some footage of Bart trying to read the word "photosynthesis".
** Homer seeing a documentary on the sex life of a Burmese melon fly.
** TheReveal that the commercial Homer sees where a scantily-clad weightlifting woman exclaims "Just do it!" was actually a PSA about ringworms.
** Mr. Burns reacting to Homer and Mindy charging room service to the company by releasing winged monkeys.
** Bart's discarded orthopedic shoes ending up in the Flanders household.
** A scene at the National Energy Convention where Hans Moleman's solar energy booth is hijacked for a fossil fuel display.
* ForWantOfANail: Homer is shown what would have happened if he married Mindy instead of Marge. Homer and Mindy live in a mansion and are apparently happy and Marge is president!
* FromBadToWorse: Homer tries to get to know Mindy to prove his attraction to her is simply physical. Unfortunately, he learns she's basically his DistaffCounterpart (albeit a gorgeous one) and the two are perfect for each other.
* FreudianSlipperySlope: Homer and Mindy have an awkward moment with each other in an elevator:
-->'''Mindy:''' I guess we'll be going down together. I mean, getting off togeth-- I mean...\\
'''Homer:''' That's OK, I'll just push the button for the stimulator. I mean, elevator.
* HeroesWantRedHeads: Homer's attraction to Mindy.
* IHaveThisFriend: Homer attempts this, but the name he makes up happens to be the same one as a man sitting near by.
* TheLadette: Mindy is essentially a female version of Homer (except she's slim and attractive). She loves drinking beer, watching TV and eating junk food. She also drives a motorbike.
* TheLastTitle: The name of the episode.
* LookBehindYou: Homer does this to Lisa. She initially doesn't fall for it, until Homer tells her he's "100% completely serious".
* LoveAtFirstSight: Homer ends up hallucinating upon meeting Mindy for the first time.
* MistakenForGay: Lisa, on hearing Homer singing about Mindy, suggests as an alternative that he's singing about a man named Mandy.
* PoliticallyIncorrectVillain: Mr. Burns abducts Brazillian football teams that crash land on his property and make them work on his plant, he'll hire ''ducks'' to haul nuclear waste, but he won't hire women.
* RiddleForTheAges: How did the employees escape the gas that was threatening to kill them?
-->'''Charlie:''' Well, sir, I won't bore you with [[NoodleIncident the details of our miraculous escape]]...
* SarcasticClapping: Homer hears this in his head when he lies to Lisa upon being caught singing about Mindy, telling her that he's in a Broadway musical.
* SpaghettiKiss: Homer and Mindy eat two ends of a hot dog and end up kissing each other, much like Disney/LadyAndTheTramp.
* SpecialGuest: Creator/PhilHartman as Lionel Hutz; Creator/MichellePfeiffer as Mindy Simmons; Werner Klemperer as Colonel Klink
* StrangeMindsThinkAlike: Both Mr. Burns and Dr. Hibbert use a suction tube on hapless victims. Marge is spared because she has insurance. also Homer and Mindy try to not react upon the attraction by thinking the same thing.
* SuspiciouslySpecificDenial: When Homer, Lenny and Carl were moaning about the things he couldn't do at work with a woman around, Homer mention peeing on the drinking fountain. Noticing their reactions he lamely tried to deny he ever did that.
* ShoutOut: Mr. Burns has [[TheWizardOfOz winged monkeys]]. [[EpicFail They can't fly.]]
-->''(Sighs)'' Continue the research
** Homer imagines Mindy as Venus in the painting "The Birth of Venus" by Sandro Botticelli.
** The angel showing Homer what life would be like if he would marry Mindy and leave Marge is a shout out to a similar scene in Film/ItsAWonderfulLife.
* [[SympatheticAdulterer Sympathetic Almost-Adulterer]]: The commentary goes into some detail about how they were very careful to portray Homer and Mindy's attraction to each other as something that neither of them actually wanted, so both could be kept sympathetic.
* TemptingFate: Homer said he had no reason to worry about going with Mindy to a convention for as long as the two of them have no moment alone.
* ThinkUnsexyThoughts: The TropeNamer. When Homer ends up in an elevator with Mindy he tells himself to "think unsexy thoughts" and imagines first Patty and Selma wearing towels and shaving their legs in the bathroom, then Barney in a polka dot bikini drunkenly humming the theme to ''Series/IDreamOfJeannie''. It doesn't work, as Barney morphs into Mindy. Homer then snaps out of it and witnesses Mindy telling herself to "think unsexy thoughts".