Episode - 1F07\\
First Aired - 12/9/1993
Mindy Simmons, a sexy new employee at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant proves alarmingly compatible with Homer, who worries that his attraction to her may mean danger for his marriage. Meanwhile, Bart becomes a nerd after being fitted for glasses and prescribed medicated hair salve, orthopedic shoes, and throat spray that makes him sound like JerryLewis from the original version of ''The Nutty Professor''.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AFormYouAreComfortableWith: Homer's guardian angel appears to him in the form of SirIsaacNewton, "a man you would respect and admire." When he realizes Homer has no idea who Newton is, he instead takes the form of [[Series/HogansHeroes Colonel Klink]] -- which he ''really'' [[CrowningMomentOfFunny didn't want to do]].
-->"[[CrowningMomentOfFunny COLONEL KLINK, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?]]"
* ChuckCunninghamSyndrome: Mindy just vanished after Homer tells her that they can never be in love because he's a married man. While WildMassGuessing has suggested that Homer imagined Mindy as Marge so he can finally have sex with her, later episodes with Homer at the nuclear plant don't have Mindy Simmons at all, suggesting that Mindy left, Marge [[NoodleIncident somehow]] found out where Homer was, and came down to cheer him up. "Another Simpsons Clip Show" from season six explained that Mindy was fired from her job at the plant after succumbing to alcoholism, but later episodes (such as "Team Homer"[[note]]season seven episode where Homer starts his own bowling team and Springfield Elementary implements a uniform dress code after Bart wears a "Down With Homework" shirt[[/note]] and "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson"[[note]]the season eight episode where Marge starts her own pretzel company, and Homer gets the Springfield Italian mob to help her[[/note]]) have Mindy clean and sober, suggesting that she either went to rehab and came back or the "Mindy drank herself out of the job" story was a rumor.
* CuttingCorners: The RunningGag concerning the lack of safety at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant continues, with Homer and some of his friends discovering the hard way that the emergency exit doors are ''painted onto the walls''.
* RiddleForTheAges: How did the employees escape the gas that was threatening to kill them?
* SpaghettiKiss: Homer and Mindy eat two ends of a hot dog and end up kissing each other, much like Disney/LadyAndTheTramp.
* SpecialGuest: Creator/PhilHartman as Lionel Hutz; Creator/MichellePfeiffer as Mindy Simmons; Werner Klemperer as Colonel Klink
* StrangeMindsThinkAlike: Both Mr. Burns and Dr. Hibbert use a suction tube on hapless victims. Marge is spared because she has insurance. also Homer and Mindy try to not react upon the attraction by thinking the same thing.
* SuspiciouslySpecificDenial: When Homer, Lenny and Carl were moaning about the things he couldn't do at work with a woman around, Homer mention peeing on the drinking fountain. Noticing their reactions he lamely tried to deny he ever did that.
* ShoutOut: Mr. Burns has [[TheWizardOfOz winged monkeys]]. [[EpicFail They can't fly.]]
** Homer imagines Mindy as Venus in the painting "The Birth of Venus" by Sandro Botticelli.
** The angel showing Homer what life would be like if he would marry Mindy and leave Marge is a shout out to a similar scene in Film/ItsAWonderfulLife.
* [[SympatheticAdulterer Sympathetic Almost-Adulterer]]: The commentary goes into some detail about how they were very careful to portray Homer and Mindy's attraction to each other as something that neither of them actually wanted, so both could be kept sympathetic.
* TemptingFate: Homer said he had no reason to worry about going with Mindy to a convention for as long as the two of them have no moment alone.