Episode - 9F07
First Aired - 12/11/1992
When the Winfields (The Simpsons' neighbors who aren't the Flanderseses; the elderly couple who appeared in the earlier episodes, mostly to make disparaging remarks about how uncivilized the family is) decide to move to Florida to run out the clock, a new family consisting of a divorced mom named Ruth and her teenaged daughter, Laura, move in. While Bart falls for Laura (and gets his heart broken when he discovers that Jimbo Jones is her boyfriend), Homer and Marge go out to eat at Captain [=MacAllister=]'s seafood restaurant "The Frying Dutchman" -- and Homer sues the establishment for not getting his fill at the "All-You-Can-Eat" buffet.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Well, bad girls want bad boys, which Laura has for Jimbo. When he is unjustly made to cry, Laura isn't slow in ending their relationship.
* BigEater: One of the biggest examples in the series even for Homer. Homer eats continuously for literal hours without stopping. He keeps eating well after closing time and until midnight, not because he's full mind you, but because he is dragged out kicking and screaming by the waiters who want to go home. Still not full he drives around looking for another all you can eat fish place, and when he can't find that he makes Marge go fishing with him.
** During the trial, Homer even orders a pizza.
* CoolBigSis: Laura for Bart eventually.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Moe tries to kill Jimbo with a knife when Bart frames him for making all the prank calls to the bar.
* ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin: Averted, although Homer wants it enforced at the "all-you-can-eat" restaurant. He's determined to make the restaurant hold to its word that it is, indeed, an "all-you-can-eat" establishment.
* FrivolousLawsuit: When Homer is kicked out of the "all-you-can-eat" restaurant (because it's closing time), Homer files a huge lawsuit against the place, saying they failed to deliver and are, as thus, frauds.
-->'''Lionel Hutz:''' Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film, ''Film/TheNeverEndingStory''.
* ImagineSpot: Laura ripping out Bart's heart after she told him she had a boyfriend.
* InnocentInaccurate: A flashback reveals how Homer learned about sex.
-->"Zookeeper! Zookeeper! Those two monkeys are killing each other!"
* MadWomanInTheAttic: Bart makes up a horror story about the Winfields hiding a mutated son in their basement.
* ShoutOut: During the trial, a group of men bring in bags of what turn out to be [[Film/MiracleOnThirtyFourthStreet 18,000 letters addressed to Santa Claus]].
-->"You want The People of Springfield vs. Kris Kringle. That's next door."