Episode - 8F06\\
First Aired - 11/7/1991
After missing out on getting Lisa's saxophone reed to her before a talent show, Homer decides to make it up to his daughter by getting her the one thing she wants most: a pony, which puts the family in financial crisis yet again and drives Homer to take a second job as a Kwik-E-Mart clerk.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* DeadpanSnarker: The pet shop clerk and the lady who runs the pony farm.
* DiabolusExMachina: For unexplained reasons, Lisa's mentor, Bleeding Gums Murphy happens to be a judge at the school talent show just to add to the humiliation of her disastrous performance.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Bart's impression of Principal Skinner causes the real Skinner to give him 1000 days detention.
-->'''Kid:''' "My ding-a-ling! My ding-a-ling! I want to play with my ding-a-li--"\\
'''Principal Skinner:''' ''[pushes the kid off stage]'' THIS ACT IS OVER!!
* HeroicRROD: In one of his biggest moments of selflessness, Homer nearly works himself to death just so Lisa can keep her pony.
* HypocriticalHumor: When Moe suggested Homer to buy the reed before buying the beer (Moe's is next door to a music shop), Homer replied that he didn't tell Moe how to do his job. Later he told Moe how to hold the beer mug while filling it.
* JerkassRealization: Viewing the home movie gives Homer a nasty case of reality of how bad a father he's been to her in the past.
* NeverMyFault: That's what Principal Skinner thought of Lisa when she said her music was bad because of a faulty saxophone reed.
* NoodleIncident: Moe apparently saved the owner of the music store and his wife from a burning car at some point.
** Homer dreaming of being part of some prehistoric apes who worship a monolith references the opening of ''Film/TwoThousandAndOneASpaceOdyssey''.
** Lisa discovering the pony in her bed references a famous scene in ''Film/TheGodfather.''
* SpecialGuest: Frank Welker as the animal noises for Princess the pony and Santa's Little Helper; Tracey Ullman as the Katherine Hepburn-esque stable manager/horse saleswoman.