Episode - 7F23\\
First Aired - 10/3/1991
Ned Flanders announces during one of his barbecues that he's quitting his job as a pharmacist and going into business for himself by running a specialty store catering to the left-handed, but Homer's jealousy (and a wishbone wish) drive Flanders' business into the ground. Meanwhile, Marge encourages Bart to do other things with his time rather than watch TV, so Bart takes karate lessons — and skips them for time at the arcade.
!!This episode provides examples of:
* EveryoneHasStandards: Homer thinks that outright wishing Ned dead would be going too far (which [[EarlyInstallmentWeirdness is odd, because these days, Homer wishing Flanders was dead wouldn't be considered "too much"]]), but not wishing he'd go broke and lose his store (until it actually happened).
* LaserGuidedKarma: Bart getting beat up by the bullies after skipping karate class to play video games.
-->'''Lisa:''' It's funny how two wrongs sometimes make a right.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Homer after seeing Flanders' store going bankrupt.
* TheOtherDarrin: Akira from [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS2E11OneFishTwoFishBlowfishBlueFish "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish"]] returns, but is now voiced by HankAzaria instead of GeorgeTakei.
* PursueTheDreamJob: Ned Flanders quits his job as a pharmacist and opens a specialty store catering to the left-handed. Deconstructed when his business nearly goes under and the Flanders are forced to move away; reconstructed when Homer gathers everyone in town whose left-handed to come to his store.
* ShoutOut: Homer rallying the townspeople to save Ned's store echoes the ending of ''Film/ItsAWonderfulLife''. Maude is also wearing the dress that Donna Reed's character wore.