After having a nervous breakdown that almost gets her time in jail, Marge goes to Rancho Relaxo while Homer watches Maggie and her sisters watch Bart and Lisa.
!!Tropes of this episode:
* JerkassRealization: Homer acts like a Jerkass, as usually, through Marge’s plight until she rolls down her window.
* KidsAreCruel: In the beginning, you wonder why Marge snapped.
* MightyRoar: The bus driver from Shelbyville is scared off by this.
* NervousWreck: Marge when the stress of errands gets to her -- while driving.
* ParentalNeglect: Homer when he's looking after Maggie, but in his defense he did try to care for her and no one saw her running off to find Marge and as soon as he knew, he looked all over for her and called the police.
* PoliceAreUseless: Through he has grounds to have her in jail, Wiggum had to let Marge go and he doesn’t notice the mobster with a body in car who’s held up.
* RageBreakingPoint: Maggie spilling her milk on Homer's newly-ironed shirt.
* SanitySlippage: Various irritations chip away at Marge's stability until she locks herself in the car on a bridge.
* ScrewTheRulesIHaveConnections: Quimby orders Marge to be freed without changes because it could cost him the women’s vote if he allows the law to go the way it’s set.
-->'''Quimby:''' They're just like seals. Throw them a fish and they start clapping their fins together.
* ShoutOut: The beginning parodies the ''WesternAnimation/WileECoyoteAndTheRoadRunner'' cartoons.
** Marge watches ''Film/ThelmaAndLouise'' on tv.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: InUniverse; one of the "hottest R-rated movies Europe has to offer" at Rancho Relaxo is ''The Happy Little Elves Meet Fuzzy Snuggleduck''. For those who don't remember the early days of ''The Simpsons'' [[note]]("early" as in "back when it was a sketch on ''The Tracy Ullman Show'' and back during the first season when the animation was cruddy, the episodes focused on Bart and Lisa, and the pacing was slow)[[/note]], ''The Happy Little Elves'' was [[TastesLikeDiabetes an overly-cutesy kids' show]] (kind of like ''The Smurfs'') that Lisa and Maggie loved (but Bart hated, because he was into ''The Itchy and Scratchy Show''). The joke here is either a TakeThat to people who think cartoons are for kids (which was also something ''The Simpsons'' itself had to struggle with during its early years) or a reference to how most foreign movies and TV shows (particularly in Europe) are more lenient with risqué content than America is.