Episode - 7F06\\
First Aired - 12/6/1990
A night at a monster truck rally featuring daredevil Lance Murdock prompts Bart to do daredevil tricks on his skateboard — and set his sights on jumping The Springfield Gorge.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AmusingInjuries: Downplayed. Homer's pain and injuury from falling down the gorge seems more serious than the way it would be treated on common contemporary cartoons or a LooneyTunes classic like Wile. E. Coyote. But on the other hand, it's far from realistic or graphic, and most important of all, it doesn't go with an extreme level of painfulness, but rather, something [[RuleOfFunny exactly as painful as it can get while still being very funny]]. It definitely falls in the middle ground between realism vs. a pure slapstick.
* CharacterizationMarchesOn: Dr. Hibbert, in his first appearance, is a stern and competent doctor, a far cry from the Cosby-esque scatterbrain he'd become.
* DoNotDoThisCoolThing: In-universe. Bart still wants to jump the Springfield Gorge despite being confronted with the painful sight of many daredevils in the hospital.
* HeelFaceTurn: Rasputin the Friendly Russian (nee the Mad Russian), thanks to the [[UsefulNotes/ColdWar inevitable forces of history]].
* HopeSpot: During the (accidental) jump across the gorge, Homer believes he is going to get across, but then his forward momentum stops near the middle and he falls down.
-->'''Homer:''' I'm gonna make it. I'M GONNA MAKE IT! THIS IS THE GREATEST THRILL OF MY LIFE! I'M KING OF THE WORLD! WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO! I- ''[yelling]'' WHAAAAH!
* RealityEnsues: Homer ends up accidentally skateboarding across the gorge, but misses the other side and falls down. He ends up in traction at the hospital.
* WhatTheHellHero: In a failed attempt to discourage Bart from trying to jump The Springfield Gorge, Lisa took him to the hospital room where daredevil Lance Murdock was in after one of his stunts. Murdock actually ''encouraged'' Bart to try.