Episode - 7F05\\
First Aired - 11/08/1990
Homer tells his bar buddies the story of how his drunken antics at a baseball game with his boss landed him a job as a dancing mascot for the Isotopes.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* CallBack: The Capital City Goofball would later return in [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS7E2122ShortFilmsAboutSpringfield 22 Short Films About Springfield]] in a short cameo.
* [[TheCameo Celebrity Cameo]]: That's actually Tony Bennett singing "Capital City".
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness[=/=]RealityEnsues: In this episode, Homer actually asks Mr. Burns for time off work so he can be a dancing mascot. These days, Homer not going to work at the nuclear plant because of a new job he has for the episode and not telling Mr. Burns about it are ''very'' commonplace .
* LocationSong: "Capital City", where Music/TonyBennett sings an appropriate theme song about it, in itself a parody of the PepTalkSong "Theme From New York, New York"
* MoonwalkDance: As part of his dancing as a Springfield mascotte in "Dancin' Homer" Homer performs a moonwalk.
* SpecialGuest: Daryl L. Coley as "Bleeding Gums" Murphy; Ken Levine as Dan Horde; Tom Poston as the Capital City Goofball
* UrExample: This is the first episode to feature Homer taking a different job.
* WholeEpisodeFlashback: Homer flashes back on failing to be a dancing mascot for the entire episode, only in the end realizing that he might not be a loser at all, because everyone enjoyed listening to the tale of this failure and want to hear it again.