Episode - 7F13\\
First Aired - 2/7/1991
Homer gets an illegal cable hook-up, which causes Lisa to worry for her father's soul, as she learned about the 8th Commandment[[note]] even though the Roman Catholic and Lutheran sects of Christianity have "Thou shalt not steal" down as the seventh commandment, meaning that the first two commandments -- "Thou shalt not have other gods before Me" and "Thou shalt not worship any graven images" -- are merged together[[/note]] in Sunday school ("Thou shalt not steal") and begins seeing theft everywhere she looks.
* BeingGoodSucks: Homer misses the match and deprives himself of cable after his conscience gets the better of him.
-->'''Lisa:''' Dad, we may have just saved your soul.\\
'''Homer:''' Yeah, at the worst possible time!
* [[DigitalPiracyIsEvil Cable Piracy is Evil]]
* CorruptCop: Some cops show up at the Simpson residence upon being informed Homer has an illegal cable hook-up. Homer is initially afraid they're there to arrest him but Chief Wiggum says they just want to watch the match.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: When Homer says he only invited a few close friends to watch the fight, and then Apu shows up, it's meant as a joke: the idea is that Homer [[HypocriticalHumor has actually invited anyone and everyone to watch the fight]], even if they're less a "close friend" and more just a "guy I see at the convenience store a lot". Since this episode aired, however, the show has really built up the friendship between Apu and the Simpson family, to the point where him showing up at a gathering of Homer's close friends would make complete sense.
* HolierThanThou: Lisa ''really'' lays it on thick over the Eight Commandment.
* InsistentTerminology: When Mr. Burns shows up to watch the fight, Homer tells Bart to hid the stuff he "borrowed" from work. Bart won't obey until Homer admits that, by "borrowed", he actually means "stole".
* InsufferableGenius[=/=]RightlySelfRighteous: Lisa and Marge guilt trip Homer into giving up cable. Homer eventually admits defeat, but tells them he loathes them for it. They just smirk in response. Earlier Lisa does the same to Marge over testing two grapes in store, she is similarly annoyed by it while Lisa just smiles. She's right and both sides sure know it.
* SpecialGuest: Creator/PhilHartman as the Cable Guy, Moses, and Troy [=McClure=]