Episode - 7F10\\
First Aired - 1/10/1991
ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin — and the ensuing lawsuits and exaggerations of Bart's injuries lead to yet another strain on Marge and Homer's marriage.
!!Tropes Used In This Episode:
* AmbulanceChaser: Lionel Hutz. It was even mentioned the Simpsons first saw him when he was [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin chasing Bart's ambulance]].
** When Homer came to see him, Hutz hears an ambulance and decided not to this time since he's already got a case.
* TheBadGuyWins: Homer could've took the offer and walked away but let his ego get the better of him. Burns manages to figure out about the phoney doctors after overhearing Marge. Then has her comes to the stand on count the next day. Not surprisingly, she winds up blowing it for Homer and winning the case for Burns.
* GrayAndGrayMorality: Mr. Burns is just as wretched as ever and was completely unconcerned when he hit Bart. However, Homer's lawsuit against him is [[FrivolousLawsuit completely frivolous]] as Bart's injuries weren't particularly grievous or expensive.
* PragmaticVillainy: Burns doesn't fire Homer because of the media backlash he would likely suffer as a result.
* RashomonStyle: Both Bart and Mr. Burns deliver different retellings of the accident to the court, exaggerating things to make themselves look more sympathetic in order to win the case. Bart claims that Burns intentionally tried to run him down, while Burns says that the boy moved wildly all over the road as Burns desperately tried to avoid hitting him (and let out an emotional BigNo and TakeMeInstead when he did). Neither were remotely true, but the court clearly sides with Bart and doesn't buy Burns' story for a second.
* ShoutOut: Bart arrives in Hell where he sees a scene from HieronymusBosch' tryptich of the "Garden Of Earthly Delights".
* SpecialGuest: Creator/PhilHartman as Lionel Hutz
* TooDumbToLive: Burns offers to settle out of court for $500,000 dollars, and Homer turns it down....except that he's suing Burns for a million dollars and Hutz gets fifty percent, so that's the same thing he'd get if he won the suit.