Krusty gets canceled yet again and reunites with his first agent, who makes him a cable TV star.
* ButForMeItWasTuesday: Krusty doesn't remember his first agent. When the two meet again and she treats him rudely for the bad things he did to her, he only comments that she sure knows him.
* ExactWords: When Krusty got cancelled, he told the executives his contract wouldn't allow him to be fired except by one way: they shot him from a cannon.
* GreenAroundTheGills: Homer's face turns green as he acts out the part of a bloated corpse.
* LeaningOnTheFourthWall: Krusty complaining that the things Itchy and Scratchy are currently parodying (Film/TheKingsSpeech, Film/TheSocialNetwork and Film/BlackSwan) are over a year old is a complaint applied to some of the Simpsonsí own parodies.
* NotHelpingYourCase: When being told that his references are too obscure for todayís kids, Krusty makes a reference that nobody watching the episode will get.
* PocketProtector: Bart accidentally fires a gun and the bullet fails to wound Homer because it is stopped by another gun Homer happened to have in his back pocket.
* PrimaDonnaDirector: InUniverse, Annie is such a BadBoss to the guest stars and production team that the Executives Of Hbowtime ask Krusty to fire her.
* RevisitingTheRoots: Krusty regains his popularity by recreating his act from the 60ís to win over his old fans. It works.
-->'''Krusty:''' They took my dressing room, my parking space, and even my writers so I don't have a funny third item.
* ShoutOut: A brief one to WesternAnimation/KingOfTheHill.
* SpecialGuest: Creator/JoanRivers as Annie Dubinsky.
* TechnologyMarchesOn: Homer asks where people will watch old TV clips for free if the museum closes forever. This is itself a clip on a website.