To cut back on money for employee drug tests, Mr. Burns replaces his workers with robots and keeps Homer on board as a possible scapegoat.
* ActorAllusion: All the robots are voiced by Creator/BrentSpiner, [[Series/StarTrekTheNextGeneration who's no stranger to playing artificial lifeforms]].
* ContinuityNod: In "The Bart of War", Bart joined the Preteen Braves. This is brought up in this episode.
* ShoutOut: In one scene, Mr. Burns is reading TinaFey autobiography ''Bossypants''
* TakeThat: When Homer first sees the robots, he mistakes them for Comic-Con nerds.
* ThreeLawsCompliant: The robots are so committed to protecting humans that they'll even stop Homer from having beer.