In this, the 500th episode, the town of Springfield has had enough of The Simpsons and banish them to live off the grid.
!! Tropes (YMMV tropes can be found [[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS23E14AtLongLastLeave here]]):
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: This entire dialogue
-->'''Brockman:''' All Springfielders should now move off the streets and inside their homes. Please avoid the superstitious panic that marked the recent lunar eclipse.
[a picture of Homer rioting, standing on Abraham Simpson is shown]
-->'''Homer:''' Heheh. Sorry dad. I was afraid the dragon wouldn't cough the moon back up.
-->'''Grampa:''' You idgit! The dragon always coughs the moon back up.
-->'''Lisa:''' I know it's futile but I must again point out, there is no dragon.
-->'''Homer:''' Then why am I paying $800 a year in dragon insurance?
-->'''Lisa:''' Again, I maintain that money would be better spent on car insurance.
-->'''Homer:''' Lisa, everyone knows that dragons do not attack cars. Geez, pick up a book.
-->'''Lisa:''' [annoyed] I pick up books like you pick up beers!
-->'''Homer:''' Then you have a serious reading problem.
* ContinuityNod: Bart's [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS11E2BrothersLittleHelper prank]], Homer's [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS10E11WildBartsCantBeBroken drunken rampage]], and Lisa's [[Recap/TheSimpsonsS21E19TheSquirtAndTheWhale activism]]
* CouchGag: A collection of the couch gags from the previous episodes, culminating into a mosaic reading "500," which falls apart, revealing Homer and Bart strangling each other in tuxedos.
* EnfantTerrible: The people of Springfield accuse Maggie of being this.
* RetroactiveWish: When the Simpsons were banished from Springfield, Homer announced he'd curse the town into a hundred-year drought and it started raining soon after. Homer then tried to change it to a hundred-year rain and then the rain stopped and a rainbow showed up. Homer weakly tried a "good weather" curse.
* WithFriendsLikeThese: The Simpson family are spared by no one. This includes their so-called close friends, even other family members. Only Flanders tries to talk in their favor, and is silenced with a battering ram.
* DisproportionateRetribution: One of the reasons that the Simpsons are hated is because Maggie (a baby) doesn't talk.
* KarmaHoudini: The entire town doesn't even apologize for banishing the Simpson family, even after moving to the outlands with them.