Ned Flanders offers to take Homer and his family to Israel in hopes to save his soul, but he gets more than he bargained for when Homer gets lost in the desert and the resulting dehydration makes him believe he is the Messiah.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor: Ned learns this.
* JustAKid: Bart learns Dorit was trained in Israeli sport of Krav Maga... the hard way.
** BadassIsraeli: Dorit pretty much can take care of herself.
* GroinAttack: Dorit and Lisa kicking Bart in the groin. There were FCC complaints about that part and TVTropes' own "Dethroning Moment of Suck" page has cited this as one of the show's many, many low points[[note]]though given that Bart was once driven to suicide over the entire town hating him (as seen in "Boys of Bummer," why would Bart getting kicked in the groin be considered ''worse'' than that?[[/note]]
* PunctuatedForEmphasis: "Homer Simpson, you are not...worth...saving."
* RageBreakingPoint: Ned when he sees Homer resting on Jesus' tomb and thinking PorkyPig is buried there.
* TruthInTelevision: There is such thing as Jerusalem Syndrome (deluding yourself into thinking you're the Messiah).