Bart befriends a Muslim boy named Bashir, but Homer suspects Bashir and his family to be terrorists. Meanwhile, Lisa buys a Mapple [=MyPod=] and runs up a $1200 bill from downloading songs.
!!This episode contains examples of: ([[YMMV/TheSimpsonsS20E7MypodsAndBoomsticks YMMV Examples here]])
* BlandNameProduct: The "Mapple" Bar with its [=MyPods=] and [=MyPhones=].
* DidntThinkThisThrough: Lisa went crazy downloading songs on to her [=MyPod=] without keeping track of how many she was downloading or how much they cost, giving her an OhCrap when she gets a [=MyBill=] for $1,200.
* JackBauerInterrogationTechnique: Homer sees it in a ''[[Series/TwentyFour 24]]'' parody.
* JuryDuty: Moe made up a religion to get out of this duty.
* LampshadeHanging: When Homer screams during his nightmare and doesn't wake up right after that, he comments that's usually during the scream moment that people wake up from dreams.
* MistakenForTerrorist: The source of conflict when Homer assumes that Bashir's father is a terrorist
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: The episode's Itchy and Scratchy segment "diePod Slaylist" features Scratchy feeling guilty over having tested the atomic bomb. He goes in a time machine to stop himself but gets killed by Itchy planting a bomb in his past self's body
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: Homer tries to move the bombs under the belief that Bashir's father is plotting to suicide bomb the Springfield Mall but instead ends up blowing up the bridge leading to the Duff Brewery.
* ObnoxiousInLaws: Under the belief that Bashir's father intends to blow up Springfield Mall, Homer goes there to tell everyone to leave. Upon seeing his sisters-in-law, he doesn't tell them anything.
* OhCrap: Lisa gets one when she gets a [=MyBill=] for $1,200. She is confused... until she sees she downloaded 1,212 songs at 99 cents each, and [[DidntThinkThisThrough realises that obviously she doesn't have the money for pay for those songs]].
* OutOfContextEavesdropping: When trying to find out if Bashir's parents are terrorists, Homer spies on one of their conversation where the husband is talking about his job demolishing the old Springfeild mall, but he parts he hears make it sound like he is a suicide bomber.
* RefuseToRescueTheDisliked: Homer doesn't try to save his sisters-in-law from what he believes is about to happen to Springfield Mall.
* ScamReligion: Apparently Moe started one to get out of jury duty much to Kearney's disdain.
* ShockinglyExpensiveBill: Lisa's [=MyBill=], which is for $1,200. Caused by Lisa's negligence in not keeping track of how much she was downloading and whether she could pay for her music. Oops. Steve Mobbs decides Lisa can work off the bill by handing out leaflets while dressed as a [=MyPod=], much to Lisa's chagrin.
* ShoutOut: The title is a reference to ''Film/BedknobsAndBroomsticks''.
** When Bart makes it seem Steve Mobs is insulting his clients, Comic Book Guy charges and swings a sledgehammer at the screen akin to the "1984" Apple commercial.
** During the dream where Genie transforms Springfield, a music store is changed to only have aisles of [=CDs=] by Cat Stevens (though ever since his conversion to Islam, he now goes by Yusuf).
* SkewedPriorities: When the Duff truck falls into the sea, Homer dives towards it to rescue as much of its cargo but doesn't care about the unconscious driver.
* UnfortunateNames: Bashir's last name is [[UsefulNotes/OsamaBinLaden Bin Laden]].
* WhatTheHellHero: To a point, as Homer was perfectly tolerant of Bashir and his family until Moe and his friends basically told him to be intolerant and jingoistic ''for no reason at all'' (other than the fact that what they believe about Muslims is a reflection of what most people believe about Muslims in RealLife, ''especially'' in a post-9/11 world). Homer's actions also merit this.
* WorkOffTheDebt: Lisa working to pay for her [="MyBill"=]