Bart gets a hold of Dennis Leary's cellphone while working at a country club to buy his own, but when Dennis Leary himself confronts Marge about Bart tricking him into playing in crappy roles, Marge becomes a more controlling mother and Bart runs off to the ancient South American city of Machu Picchu.
* AesopAmnesia: Marge learns yet again not to be so smothering and overprotective towards her children.
* EverybodyPoops: A movie Bart got Dennis Leary in.
* MoodWhiplash "Night is scary. DAY IS AWESOME!"
* MyBelovedSmother: The B-plot has Marge learn not to be so smothering toward Bart.
* MythologyGag: It's not the first time Australia [[TheSimpsonsS6E16BartVsAustralia hears it for Bart]].
** Marge activates the [=GPS=] in Bart's phone and uses it to spy on him around the clock and feels absolutely no shame for violating her son's privacy whatsoever.
** Lisa learns her family was chasing a bird called a Scarlet Tanager and its migration pattern leads to Machu Picchu, where Lisa had expressed interest in visiting earlier in the episode. She "conveniently" neglects to tell her family this so she can go on the trip she wants..