Homer becomes a helicopter parent to help Bart's failing grades and Lisa's lack of friends. Meanwhile, Marge makes herself at home in the basement sauna she uncovered.
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: When Dr. Hibbert told Marge that Homer's burnt tongue would negatively affect their sex life, she thought he was talking about it being difficult for Homer to express any desire to have sex.
* DisqualificationInducedVictory: Bart's entry at the scale model contest is declared the winner because the judges consider it the only one that's not too good to be something built by a kid without help from adults.
* ImagineSpot: Marge has one about what would happen if Homer knew about the basement sauna.
* SuperSenses: Homer's sense of taste after his accident is magnified to such a degree that any food with even the slightest amount of flavour is inedible and potentially hazardous.
* WorkOffTheDebt: Unable to eat anything that has any flavour, Homer decides to eat at Springfield Elementary School. Since he doesn't have the money to pay for his meal, he gets a job at the school's cafeteria to pay for it.