Episode - 7G07\\
First Aired - 2/25/1990
Cornered at the town square by a pitchfork and torch-wielding mob, Bart tells the rioting townspeople the story of how he stole the head of town founder Jebediah Springfield to impress some local thugs, Dolph, Jimbo Jones, and Kearney.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* ArmorPiercingQuestion: "Is the Lincoln Memorial just a statue!? Is the Statue of Liberty just a statue?!"
* TheCameo: Sideshow Bob.
* DivergentCharacterEvolution: The first glimpse of Smithers' affection towards his boss.
-->''[after Bart puts the head back on the statue]''
-->'''Mr. Burns:''' I love you, Smithers.
-->'''Smithers:''' The feeling's more than mutual, sir.
* EvenEvilHasStandards: Dolph, Jimbo, and Kearney may be petty thugs, but when they hear that someone defaced the statue of Jebediah Springfield, they want to bash his face in, explaining that what they said about wanting to deface the statue themselves was just "cloud talk".
** It may be a case of EarlyInstallmentWeirdness, but Mr. Burns -- ''the'' Charles Montgomery Burns -- actually cries at the sight of the headless statue and joins the angry mob in retaliation.
* HaveAGayOldTime: When Homer was Bart's age, he "pulled a few boners".
* InnocuouslyImportantEpisode: This is the first appearance of Sideshow Bob. His design is ''way off'' in his first scene.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: Marge holds Homer responsible for inspiring Bart of his popularity advice that caused him to commit the crime in the first place.
* OffModel: When Sideshow Bob appears in the middle of the episode his hair is a giant red afro. At the end of the episode it's in its normal palm-tree style.
* TorchesAndPitchforks: First appearance of the Springfield Angry Mob, when they chase Bart and Homer with the head down the street.
* WhatHaveIDone: Bart says this after sawing off Jebediah's head.