Episode - 7G04\\
First Aired - 1/28/1990
After being humiliated at a company picnic, Homer forces Marge and the kids to be more well-behaved, but after nearly getting caught spying on the neighbors, Homer decides to pawn the TV and pay for a session with Dr. Marvin Monroe.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AccidentalMisnaming: When Mr. Burns is greeting the Simpsons.
-->'''Mr. Burns:''' And this must be... Brat.\\
'''Homer:''' Don't correct the man, Brat.
* BrickJoke: The "perfect" family that Homer idolizes at the beginning of the episode is later seen at Dr. Marvin Monroe's center all angrily looking away from each other. Looks like they weren't as good a family as Homer thought they were.
* DisproportionateRetribution: Mr. Burns fires a man because his son remarked that he had to miss ball practice.
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: As noted in the commentary, ''everything'' about the episode is wrong compared to what the show soon became, with Homer being the one embarrassed by his family's antics being the most glaring (as usually this is a characteristic more appropriate for Marge or Lisa). Bart and Maggie (and maybe some of the ancillary characters, like Moe, Dr. Monroe, and the two cops, Eddie and Lou) are the only ones whose personalities aren't altered.
* ElectricTorture: As a last resort, Dr. Monroe hooks up the Simpsons to electrical devices that enable each member to shock the other. Monroe meant it as a form of aversion therapy, but the Simpsons just keep shocking each other indiscriminantly.
* MissedHimByThatMuch: Eddie and Lou were searching for "a family of peeping toms" (the Simpsons looking at other house windows). Their search dog was growling at Homer, who says he had wieners on him. So they leave, dragging their dog with them.
* PapaWolf: While Homer was embarrassed by his family, he will not let anyone insult them. A drunken Barney did so, causing a barfight between them.
* RunningGag: This is the first time Mr. Burns mentions releasing "the hounds" and the first time that he has to consult Smithers on who Homer is. Though the latter is probably justified since Burns doesn't seem to care to know the names of ALL his employees.
** This was also meant to be a ShoutOut to RonaldReagan, who would have info about people he was meeting on index cards.