Episode - 7G12\\
First Aired - 4/29/1990
Local kids' show host Krusty the Clown is arrested and convicted of robbing the Kwik-E-Mart after Homer (who was buying groceries there) identifies him in a line-up, but Bart and Lisa do some sleuthing of their own to clear their hero's name.
!!This Episode Contains Examples of:
* EarlyInstallmentWeirdness: Within the Itchy and Scratchy continuity, the theme tune contains cartoon sound effects and the cartoon itself wasn't as violent and bloody as later installments.
* GetAholdOfYourselfMan: Lisa slaps Bart across the face to try and convince him that Krusty's in jail and he should get over it.
* HappyBirthdayToYou: Every time it's the birthday of a kid in the live audience, the kid may pick up one of two options: have Krusty sing a birthday song; or shoot Sideshow Bob off a cannon. To Bob's dismay, all kids seem to prefer the cannon.
* HollywoodHeartAttack: During Kent Brockmann's report reviewing Krusty's career, a clip is shown of the clown suffering a massive heart attack while performing on live television. Krusty begins clutching his chest and screaming in pain as the children laugh and cheer wildly at what they think is part of a comedy routine.
** AllPartOfTheShow: The kids' initial reaction to Krusty's heart attack.
* MagicalSecurityCam: Averted by director Brad Bird, who took care to stage all the actions of the robbery so they could be captured from one angle, at a spot where a security camera would realistically be.
* ShoutOut: To ScoobyDoo, as Sideshow Bob is carted off to jail, he says "I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids".
* SpecialGuest: KelseyGrammer as Sideshow Bob
* StartOfDarkness: This was the first full appearance of Sideshow Bob -- who would later become Bart's AxCrazy ArchEnemy.
* VillainousBreakdown: Bob has a very subtle one when he gets taken to jail. He starts out more annoyed rather than angry during his "Meddling Kids Remark." Then shouts out to everyone to [[NotNowKiddo treat kids as equals]] in a more operatic tone, before his voice finally breaks into panic knowing that his plan crumbled.