Homer gets a life coach (voiced by [[Series/TheColbertReport Stephen Colbert]]) after realizing that he wants to be rich and successful enough to buy his own private jet.
* BrickJoke: At the beginning of the episode, it's revealed that Mr. Burns ate a mini-cellphone because he mistook it for a lemon drop. A later scene has the phone ringing from inside him and Smithers shoving a stick through his throat to answer the call.
* ContinuityNod: The couch gag shows that Springfield is still rebuilding from the events of ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsonsMovie''.
* DontTellMama: Homer doesn't want Marge to know he failed to get the new job.
* PunBasedTitle: The episode's title is based on a slogan Delta Airlines used from 1987 to 1992: "We Love to Fly and It Shows".
* SensualSlav: There's a beautiful flight attendant in Mr. Burns' airplane. She's a tall and slim blonde and her name's Svetlana, a decidedly Slavic name. She's supposed to do ''anything'' for Homer. Anything except sex.
--> '''Svetlana: '''My name is Svetlana, but you can call me "hey, baby".
--> '''Mr. Burns:''' And just so you know, she'll do anything for you. Anything except sex. And I do mean anything.
-->'''Homer:''' Oh... I'm aroused and confused.
* SongParody: Homer requests Lionel Ritchie alter his song "Say You, Say Me" to "Hey You, Beer Me". Then he wants ''all'' the words to be "beer".
--> '''Homer/Lionel''': Beer beer, beer beer.
* TakeThat: According to a play that Homer and Mr. Burns watch in Chicago, Starbucks charges a billion dollars for a cup of coffee.
* TooDumbToLive: After landing a plane, Homer decides to drive it to a proper place and ends up sending it to the sea.