Homer discovers that his runaway radical mother has come back and promises that her days of running from the law are over, which Homer doesn't believe. However, he soon regrets it when Mona dies during the night, and leaves Homer a bizarre last request.
* DyingAlone: Mona dies alone in front of the fireplace.
* ParentalAbandonment: Mona has abandoned Homer several times, once when he was a child and twice in his adult life. By the time she returns for good, he's so fed up with her leaving to be a radical protester, he wants nothing to do with her.
* PartingWordsRegret: Homer's last words to Mona were words of anger because she abandoned him so often.
* ThanatosGambit: Mona pulled one with her dying wish to make Homer stop a nuclear silo which nearly gets him killed.
* TheUnfavorite: Lenny is this for his mother who prefers Carl and wishes he was her son.