Ralph is chosen as the Presidential candidate for 2008 after the town tires of the media hype about the elections and the empty promises from other candidates.
* AttackOfThePoliticalAd: The episode closes with a campaign ad for Ralph.
-->'''Ralph:''' ''(sitting on the lap of the Lincoln Memorial)'' I want a tricycle, a dog who won't chew my Hot Wheels and a brighter future for America. I'm Ralph Wiggum and I've been a good boy.
* CallBack: Lisa mentioned she and Ralph once dated.
* INeedToGoIronMyDog: To force a man to stop a conversation with Mr. Burns (ItMakesSenseInContext), Homer phoned the man claiming to have abducted the man's wife or, if the man doesn't have a wife, his brother. Then he said if the man obeyed all instructions his ''dog'' would be free.
* MyGodWhatHaveIDone: Homer about his candidate of choice after hearing that candidate appeared in the same magazine a terrorist did.
* SpecialGuest: [[Series/TheDailyShow Jon Stewart]] as himself.
* SpringtimeForHitler: The Springfielders chose Ralph in a failed attempt to rid themselves of the media hype.
* WhereTheHellIsSpringfield: As the reporters are clearing out of New Hampshire to go cover Springfield's primary:
-->'''Man:''' To Springfield!\\
'''Woman:''' Which Springfield?\\
'''Man:''' The one the Simpsons live in!