Homer ends up enlisted in the U.S. Army after trying to get his kids out of a recruiting deal.
!!Note: This page is still in progress.
* ContinuityNod: Mention of Homer's time in the Navy in "Simpson Tide".
* CreditsGag: The colonel places everyone listed in the credits to front-line infantry (except guest voice Kiefer Sutherland, who is placed in the coast guard).
* CruellaToAnimals: Krusty is shown getting red paint splashed on his fur coat by Lisa and putting on a panda skin coat, panda cub slippers and monkey mittens.
* DrillSergeantNasty: The colonel (voiced by Kiefer Sutherland).
* InsaneAdmiral: The Army Colonel gives his men real ammunition for the drill with the intent of actually killing Homer and the others he finds to worthless to be soldier's. He declares martial law on Springfield to find them and rounds up any man who even vaguely fits Homer's description
* InsistentTerminology: When the fat/bald people are rounded up, Superintendent Chalmers complains that he's just balding.
-->'''Chalmers:''' Does anybody appreciate the "ding"?
-->'''Skinner:''' I appreciate the "ding", sir.
* MandatoryLine: Lisa doesn't have a major role in this episode because she's at a PETA protest.
* OhCrap: Bart and Milhouse when the bullies no longer have to refrain from picking on them.
* RecycledScript: ''FamilyGuy'' did this same plot just ''one week earlier'', which Stewie and Brian joining the Army trying to get Chris out.
* SeriesContinuityError: One of the biggest. In one scene, Lenny is talking to a soldier and is half-crushed by a tank. It then cuts to inside Moe's Tavern, where Lenny is seen fine and unscathed.
* TakeThat: Basically, this episode says that "Springfield is the dumbest city in America and even they're too smart for the Army".
* ThatsAllFolks: Seen at the end of the ''LooneyTunes'' chase parody.