After selling a photo of Duffman dating Booberella (when Duffman is supposed to be in a committed homosexual relationship), Homer becomes a paparazzo and starts a war with the town celebrities.
This episode is not only notable for being one of the few latter-day episodes that can measure up to the older episodes of the 1990s, but for its CouchGag (clocking in at nearly 2 minutes), in which Homer goes through evolution just to reach the couch.
* ActorAllusion: Jim J. Bullock voices the editor as [[Comicbook/SpiderMan J. Jonah Jameson]], whom he played in the Creator/SamRaimi ''Film/SpiderMan'' films.
* FantasyTwist: When told that he could be moderately wealthy, Homer imagines himself rolling on top of a couple of handfuls of money, saying "I'm almost rich! I can rent anything I want!"
* InsultToRocks: Lisa says that Homer is out of shape, even for an American.
* JuryDuty: One of the photos showing Homer in a bad light featured him burning his "jury duty" notice.
* LiteralMetaphor: When the editor of The Springfield Inquisitor said one of Homer's photographs had "Page one" all over it, he meant it literally. Homer wrote that to remember the book page he was Reading. (yes, he took BookDumb to that level)
** Also, Marge's speech about tasting one's own medicine led Homer to throwing away real medicine.
* PlagiarismInFiction: [[spoiler:Marge wrote a script and Rainier Wolfcastle stole it, but Marge doesn't care, as the film got made either way]]. Also, the talking Krusty doll Bart had earlier in the episode had a "stolen jokes" mode.