Abe and Selma get married after Abe is kicked out of the retirement home due to Homer declaring bankruptcy (unaware that bankruptcy laws have changed). Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa wage war against a delivery company over boxes.
* HouseHusband: Initially, Abe wanted Selma to be a HouseWife while he worked but his plans depended on him regaining his job at the now defunct [=PanAm=] so he tried to become the trope. [[EpicFail Well, he tried]].
* MayDecemberRomance: Abe and Selma.
* MenCantKeepHouse: Abe, albeit it's implied that, in his case, it's not because he's a man but because he's senile and out of touch with modern life.
* OffModel: The initial airing of this episode had some [[http://tvsimple.proboards.com/thread/87 questionable animation in a few scenes]]. When the episode re-ran, these moments were cleaned up.
* RealityEnsues: The result of Homer's attempt to make his car work the Flintstone way.
* ScatterbrainedSenior: Taken UpToEleven in two scenes:
** When Grampa and Selma are on their honeymoon, Grampa abruptly says, "I thought we were at the circus, Lisa!"
** When Grampa is left home alone with Selma's daughter, he makes a mess of the kitchen by mixing up what the appliances do. For example, he sticks a VHS tape in the microwave and sets it for a "running time" of two hours.
* ShoutOut: To cut expenses, Homer tried to make his car work the same way ''TheFlintstones'' make theirs work.
** The Bart/Lisa subplot culminates in a parody of ''Film/TheLordOfTheRings''.